Yanya Caballista: City Skater [SLUS 20278] (U)
status=5;
version=1.5.0;
console=PS2;
crc=12BCE532;
img_t=empty;
img_f=empty;
wikiurl=Link;
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Setting EE to interpreter drastically improves speed. but it won't fix the other problems Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-06-2015, 10:14 PM)refraction Wrote: Setting EE to interpreter drastically improves speed.

Paradox alert.

No seriously, I don't wanna clutter this thread. But THAT is weird. It's even more evidence that it is an EE timing issue.

I had the guy make a test with EE overclock build and setting the slider to max OC also improved the speed a bit.

So yeah, timing problem. He said EE timing fix did not help either.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
It could be a "wait" function is being used which isn't counting extra cycles or something, but its unlikely directly as ive run the recompiler with all ops interpreted and it's still slow, which means there is a core logic issue here Sad
But yes, interpreter runs at 30fps (real) and the Recompiler runs at about 5fps, go figure!

Either way it's broken once you get control Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Game Title: Yanya Caballista: City Skater [NTSC-U]

ELF Name: SLUS_20278

CRC: 0x12BCE532

Compatibility Report:

PC Specs:

PC: Alienware 13 Echo
CPU: Intel Core i5 4210U @ 1.70 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 860M 2048MB

Build Description: PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873 - Windows
If other please specify: N/A

BIOS Used: USA v01.60(7/02/2002) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used:

N/A (Tested that all speedhacks do not affect the game)

Gamefixes Used:

N/A (Tested that all game fixes do not affect the game)

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): Medium

Comments:

Playable in the Menu screens and anything that involves overlays. The moment it goes into a 3D environment, large maps becomes unplayable. Small maps, in this case, Ramp Mode, can be almost playable.

Rama, a PCSX2 Coder, mentioned that this game has timing issues and that there's an emulation bug.

Source.

There are no audio issues. Audio plays normally.

Cannot determine actual FPS in-game, FPS counter (Hovers around 59.97~62) counts differently than actual in-game FPS (Approx. 4~10FPS).

There are two game modes that differs in terms of play-ability. In Street Mode, the main mode of the game, it is unplayable. But in Ramp Mode, a challenge game mode, it is playable. Street Mode is unplayable due to the size of the map, and is playable in Ramp Mode due to how small the map areas are. Therefore, there are two statuses.

In Street Mode, the initial loading of the map area takes a long while (1 to 2 minutes long). In Ramp Mode, loading is quick.

Bugs:

Timing issues when playing on large maps. Timing issues scales according to map size. (Large maps = super slow, small maps = moderately slow).

Status
Menus for Street Mode
Ingame to Playable for Ramp Mode (If you select the smallest ramp, it's Playable. If you select the largest ramp, it's Ingame.)

Screenshots:

Different game modes and control scheme. Note the control scheme is very different.

[Image: Fwg9eJF.png]

Ramp Mode:

[Image: RqwUrFf.png]

(HTML5 GIF video)

http://gfycat.com/AnxiousFamiliarDeviltasmanian

(GIF)

[Image: AnxiousFamiliarDeviltasmanian.gif]

Street Mode (GIF). Take note at the top of the GIF at the FPS counter. This is the map's intro. There's nothing I can do about it to stop the intro. Input barely registers.

[Image: XrSSsj3.gif]

The EE Timing hack gives the same results. I don't see much differences between the two.

In the EE overclock build, if the EE settings is set to -4, the game plays a tiny bit faster than the original build. The intro in the Street Mode is now somewhat viewable, and it's 15% ~ 22% faster than the original build.

You can compare it with the GIF I provided below. Same intro, same movie, just recorded at different times:

Original build (GIF, check the window title bar):

[Image: nGomAMe.gif]

EE overclocked build (GIF, check the window title bar):

[Image: GVYkUR6.gif]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Compatibility Report:

PC Specs:

PC: Alienware 15 R4 Echo
CPU: 8th Generation Intel® Core(T M) i7-8750H (6-Core, 9MB Cache , up to 4.1GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
Dual GPU1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5
Dual GPU2: ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 Turbo with 8GB GDDR5

Build Description: PCSX2 1.5.0-dev-2760 - Windows

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used:

N/A (Tested that all speedhacks do not affect the game) (Same settings as last time)

Gamefixes Used:

N/A (Tested that all game fixes do not affect the game) (Same settings as last time)

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): Medium + A tiny bit more

Comments:

Upgraded my laptop with customized dual GPU configuration.

Differences from the last time I played:

- Now Perfect in the Menu screens and anything that involves overlays.
- Now playable when in a 3D environment (Tutorials section).
- Large maps still becomes unplayable, but it is a bit faster.
- No differences with Small Maps. Tested the Ramp Mode; can be almost playable.
- No audio issues. Audio plays normally, as expected.
- Still cannot determine actual FPS in-game. FPS counter (Hovers around 59.97~62) counts differently than actual in-game FPS (this time, Approx. 12~30FPS, depending on camera point of view).
- Introduction demo gameplay is running okay-ish. It's "viewable".
- In Street Mode, the initial loading of the map area takes a shorter, acceptable time to load (10 to 20 seconds long).
- In Ramp Mode, loading is quick.

Bugs:

Most likely same bugs. No need to repeat.

Final Status Verdict:

Menus for Street Mode: Playable.
Ramp Mode: Playable (If you select the smallest ramp, it's Playable. If you select the largest ramp, it's now Playable, too.)
(NEW) Tutorial Mode: Playable
(NEW) Campaign Mode: Playable.

Final Verdict on System Requirements:

Definitely need a beefier CPU/GPU. Cannot emphasize this more than this. I have learned the hard way around this.

Compatibility Report:

PC Specs:

PC: Alienware 15 R4 Echo
CPU: 8th Generation Intel® Core(T M) i7-8750H (6-Core, 9MB Cache , up to 4.1GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
Dual GPU1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5
Dual GPU2: ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 Turbo with 8GB GDDR5

Build Description: PCSX2 1.6.0-20200506140834- compiled on May 6 2020 - Windows 10 Pro x64

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal (Default Preset)
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop (Default Preset)

Speedhacks Used:

Enabling the Speedhacks and increasing the EE Cyclerate to 300% will make the Demo Mode run a bit smoother. Not a lot, but it's an improvement. No changes were made to the EE Cycle Skipping, as it didn't affect the game.

Gamefixes Used:

N/A (Tested that all game fixes do not affect the game) (Same settings as last time)

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): Little

Comments:

The only difference I found is, by increasing the EE cyclerate to 300%, the Demo Mode of the game runs better. Apparently, this verdict mirrors that of the previous posts.

[Image: jiUGTT0.gif]

Bugs:

Most likely same bugs. No need to repeat.

Final Status Verdict:

Use EE cyclerate 300% speedhack whenever possible. I didn't test this in prior tests, but this is now confirmed to be the same as what was mentioned in earlier posts.

Final Verdict on System Requirements:

Same verdict as last update. Need beefier computer.
I believe you should retest it with that patch: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fixing-u...#pid608580
(06-06-2020, 10:55 PM)kozarovv Wrote: I believe you should retest it with that patch: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fixing-u...#pid608580

Interesting... The patch did work! Everything is using the default settings, except for "Enabling Cheats" + the PNACH file applied.

Same demo test run, same hardware specs, same PCSX2 build, and using default settings, in the same stage as the previous post before yours:

NOTE: My GIF recording software is recording the PCSX2 output at a fixed 60 FPS, while the in game frame rate is a variable 59 ~ 60 FPS, and therefore, the end result is the output of the GIF is slightly faster than normal gameplay. When actually playing the game, it runs just like on TV.

[Image: YdQBK2w.gif]

So yes, my verdict is:

You must apply the patch provided in order to play the game as intended. Only graphical bugs persists in the game in the latest PCSX2 1.6.0 release, such as:
  • The alpha texture blending being incorrect with the clouds in the sky being apparent to the user.
  • The green shockwave should be yellowish, not green. See old Youtube footage below for what I mean:

To apply the patch, put the PNACH file in the "Cheats" folder, then in PCSX2, enable "System -> Enable Cheats" menu option.

Credits goes to the user, prafull, for providing the patch files. Thanks to the user, kozarovv, for letting me be aware of this patch. Patch file is attached to this post for convenience.

UPDATE:

I tried fixing up the GIF I recorded earlier by matching it up with what should be the correct output from PCSX2:

[Image: MawT8pk.gif]

Attached Files
.pnach   12bce532.pnach (Size: 180 bytes / Downloads: 209)