Year end report
We decided to move this thread into the open to get everyone's opinion, so have at it. Please list changes since 1.2.1 that you feel are important and should be mentioned in the giant year end report of doom.

So as you know, the September report is up. In it, we told everyone we wouldn't do another one until the end of the year. So we've got plenty of time on this one, but also lets not put it off too long.

Anyway I think the year end report should be about all the significant changes since 1.2.1. Note significant. Obviously we can't have a giant ass report with every little change. But significant things I think we can cover.

Anyway this thread is for that. As I said no need to do anything this very second, but I also don't wanna put it off til the last second. Gregory said he wanted to release on Christmas, so we should have this done before then.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

The last reports are much better researched and well written than what we usually come up with when it's release time.
So for next release, we will have that list already, and in a much improved format even!
This should translate in a smoother release, with nicer binaries that have more bug checks on them.

Thanks guys! Smile
(10-01-2015, 08:09 PM)rama Wrote: The last reports are much better researched and well written than what we usually come up with when it's release time.
So for next release, we will have that list already, and in a much improved format even!
This should translate in a smoother release, with nicer binaries that have more bug checks on them.

Thanks guys! Smile

Let's just hope the testers are ready for some serious regression testing on the final build
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
There's also the traditional release testing crew on IRC where I'm one of them.
We'll make sure it'll be good Smile
I don't think we are going to have any massive changes between now and the release, are we? I have tested most of my games recently and there are very few regressions if any. Most of the regessions have already been fixed by Refraction. Hope we get a release candidate up soon so I can retest and post results in a better way.
Yeah that's a good question. When are we gonna freeze and make a RC?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Well there's a couple of PRs (or at least one) that would be nice to merge before the freeze, then it's just tidying up things.

There is also a regression at the moment possibly due to the Coverity commit gregory did, but that needs finding and fixing.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-01-2015, 08:39 PM)refraction Wrote: Well there's a couple of PRs (or at least one) that would be nice to merge before the freeze, then it's just tidying up things.

There is also a regression at the moment possibly due to the Coverity commit gregory did, but that needs finding and fixing.

Was the regression fixed?

So far, all medium/major changes are postponed to later. Coverity/cppcheck/gcc warning are not perfect (aka /dev/null) but remaining issues are very minor. The only big change is the mVU improvement for linux, dunno if I will include it.

Otherwise it is a good idea to write the report now Smile
I guess this report should be about significant changes from 1.2.1 -> master branch ?

here's a bunch of them,
  • lots of Linux improvements
  • Chessmaster and Gregory: horror show got into playable state.
  • Various GSDX Improvements and GUI changes to the GSDX dialog.
  • lots of WX bug fixes , Update WX widgets version and changes to the Emulation settings dialogs.
  • Folder memory card and changes to memory card dialog.
  • EE: Overclock slider
  • MicroVU , VIF , EE fixes.
  • Coverity fixes
  • changes to GUI panel , GS Frame pointer handling changes and revamped FPS counter.

Feel free to add more changes if I haven't mentioned some stuffs, I will provide the commits later.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(11-08-2015, 11:47 AM)gregory Wrote: Was the regression fixed?

I can't even remember what I was referring to xD
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]