Yep, doesn't work for me
So I downloaded this emulator, cause my friends been tellin that yea it works but really lags(he's got a ***** pc). I thought that well I gotta a lot better pc so it'd work on mine. I remember the countless hours of trying to get ePSXe work so i thought this would be the same, but I found the awesome configuration guide (Bositman's, god bless him) and configurated everything that my specs support.
Too bad, when I tried to run Final Fantasy X from a DVD (real one, not image file), PSCX2 crashes and the usual windows 7/vista error message "PSCX2 has stopped working" appears. I tried takin some of the most high-end features off from the configuration and those which were told to be set off if games wouldn't run properly. But it still doesn't goddamn work! Any help guys, just gimme somethin.

Sponsored links

PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What error do you get in the console/output window? Perhaps the content of the emulog.txt file after you get the crash? Just give us something! Tongue

Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-10-2010, 02:58 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What error do you get in the console/output window? Perhaps the content of the emulog.txt file after you get the crash? Just give us something! Tongue

In the big black window? It just says "Resetting... Ready. Bios version 2.0. Framelimiter rate updated <UpdateVSyncRate>: 59,94 fps"

EDIT: Yay! Got it working! BUT experiencing some serious lag while a video is playing. In the game (Final fantasy X) , the Square logo etc. come out nice at the beginning, no video or audio lag, the screen doesnt shake. The main menu works perfectly still no lag of any kind. When the first video begins, fps drops to like 3 and it lags like hell. Is it a problem with graphics confirugation? Is it even possible cause the menu works so fine.
Create an iso image of your game first. That reduces all the dvd-rom related slowdowns.
One recommended tool to do that is here: http://www.imgburn.com/

Next make sure to run the latest PCSX2 and plugins. That'll be 0.9.7 and the latest plugin update pack.
You can find those in our beta download section.

If you still have issues after that, report back Wink
(09-10-2010, 04:15 AM)rama Wrote: Create an iso image of your game first. That reduces all the dvd-rom related slowdowns.
One recommended tool to do that is here: http://www.imgburn.com/

Next make sure to run the latest PCSX2 and plugins. That'll be 0.9.7 and the latest plugin update pack.
You can find those in our beta download section.

If you still have issues after that, report back Wink

Thanks, that got it running properly, but there's still one thing.. Am I just too used to play Crysis or does FFX look really, really bad? I mean seriously, yea PS2 games weren't that good-looking but now there are wayy too many pixels. I have resolution set to 1920x1080 and the Dx10 Hardware thing. The game still runs in a window so how can I run it in fullscreen?

(09-10-2010, 04:46 PM)ahola Wrote: The game still runs in a window so how can I run it in fullscreen?

Alt + Enter
Yeah, it does look pixelated. In fairness, the game was designed back when CRTs were the norm and maximum resolution is around 704x480 (NTSC). You could try upping the internal res or use the scaling options to improve graphics.
Pixels? You shouldn't be seeing "pixels" unless you have your display configured incorrectly.

Make sure you don't have "native" resolution set (or it will default to the default PS2 game's resolution which varies from game to game but is generally 640x480 or lower) and it's better to use scaling (with your video card, 3x scaling and 2 to 4x AA will give you best results).

Also remember that the vast majority of PS2 games are 4:3 aspect ratio, setting it to 16:9 will distort most games making them look pretty bad.

That said... the PS2 is over 10 years old, you should set your expectations to match that. Expect games to look less then stellar and you'll be surprised when you find some that look great despite that at higher resolutions.
[Image: 2748844.png]
pixelated?

if its that pixelated
[Image: 37193739.th.png]
somethings wrong

if its that pixelated
[Image: 69930194.th.png]
your definition of "pixelated" is weird
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
The above post is a perfect example of terrible stretching on PS2 games that don't support 16:9. Only a few PS2 games support true 16:9 (FFXII, Star Ocean 3, etc)
[Image: 2748844.png]