Yes, you can speed up your toaster
(12-31-2017, 04:08 AM)X_Grave_X Wrote: most of the customers fon't know what underclocking even means...

Hence why it's kept behind the scenes. Most people don't know what this stuff means. They'd look it up on Google and think that Apple's doing something bad. I don't read iOS changelogs since I don't own an Apple product, so I couldn't confirm whether Apple stated any battery life improvements in changelogs.

I don't really think Apple cares about making sales on batteries if I'm honest. They could easily make much more revenue by selling brand new stock and regarding older phones as obsolete. But then again, Apple owns the operating system and the hardware so they reserve the rights to do what they want to your phone, like it or not.
At the end of the day, Apple is a business. They make products and the public use them. The public isn't happy with the product? Apple will fix that. If that means Apple will earn some additional revenue because someone decided to buy a battery to overcome the performance barrier then so be it. But from an economical point of view, Apple could sell 10 brand new handsets at £700 to people who have got old phones and make much more revenue than 10 new batteries at £70. Apple isn't doing this for battery sales and I don't think they intend to. They're just silencing the people who cry about their poor battery life.

I will say though, since it's Apple, this scheme of increasing battery life could go a different way. People have been speculating that it's forcing them to buy a new phone and that could be part of it. New iPhones cost ridiculous amounts of money and like I said, Apple would get a bigger income from that than on batteries... Battery sales? Who cares. Handset sales? They definitely care. Who knows.
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.

Sponsored links

(12-31-2017, 04:17 AM)smartstrike Wrote: my old i7 laptop(HP pavillion i7-820(clarksfield),HD5650) maybe toasted and kinda aged....there are "notorius" and tons of junked factory installed HP apps that you cannot remove/uninstall and always at 80C when idling the laptop.....cannot go windows update due to divine errors after the update....thermal shutdown is frequent...thus it let me buy another laptop thats $$$ same as apple and they want to buy iphone X....having a laptop is looks like a scam tactics and it's prefrerly it's a trap.....and norton on laptops beware!!.

I own a HP prebuilt and I will admit that HP love to put a ton of bloatware on systems...
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
(12-31-2017, 04:17 AM)smartstrike Wrote: my old i7 laptop(HP pavillion i7-820(clarksfield),HD5650) maybe toasted and kinda aged....there are "notorius" and tons of junked factory installed HP apps that you cannot remove/uninstall and always at 80C when idling the laptop.....cannot go windows update due to divine errors after the update....thermal shutdown is frequent...thus it let me buy another laptop thats $$$ same as apple and they want to buy iphone X....having a laptop is looks like a scam tactics and it's prefrerly it's a trap.....and norton on laptops beware!!.

I agree with you, but that pavillion you own can be revived, like just use a shredding tool (the most popular one is DBAN's ultimate) through a usb on boot that will erase everything,entirely everything on your laptop, reinstall windows ( don't put it in a shop download it yourself from the internet and you'll have zero bloatware that's what i did with my old one) and then maybe adjust the power plan,tweak the system cooling policy and the maximum processor state and if that didn't work out underclock it a little, and you'll have a business/spare functioning laptop to work! seems to be cool right?

01010010011010010110010001100001☯
(12-31-2017, 04:25 AM)Kian Stevens Wrote: Hence why it's kept behind the scenes. Most people don't know what this stuff means. They'd look it up on Google and think that Apple's doing something bad. I don't read iOS changelogs since I don't own an Apple product, so I couldn't confirm whether Apple stated any battery life improvements in changelogs.

I don't really think Apple cares about making sales on batteries if I'm honest. They could easily make much more revenue by selling brand new stock and regarding older phones as obsolete. But then again, Apple owns the operating system and the hardware so they reserve the rights to do what they want to your phone, like it or not.
At the end of the day, Apple is a business. They make products and the public use them. The public isn't happy with the product? Apple will fix that. If that means Apple will earn some additional revenue because someone decided to buy a battery to overcome the performance barrier then so be it. But from an economical point of view, Apple could sell 10 brand new handsets at £700 to people who have got old phones and make much more revenue than 10 new batteries at £70. Apple isn't doing this for battery sales and I don't think they intend to. They're just silencing the people who cry about their poor battery life.

I will say though, since it's Apple, this scheme of increasing battery life could go a different way. People have been speculating that it's forcing them to buy a new phone and that could be part of it. New iPhones cost ridiculous amounts of money and like I said, Apple would get a bigger income from that than on batteries... Battery sales? Who cares. Handset sales? They definitely care. Who knows.
now you get me, but selling batteries---> extra money doesn't hurt Tongue

If you really don't want bloatware, buy a better machine to begin with imo. Consumer level machines are where the bloat is.
@CK1 : maybe we should move this to the Kid's corner ? Laugh
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-31-2017, 07:14 AM)jesalvein Wrote: @CK1 : maybe we should move this to the Kid's corner ? Laugh

Maybe you should... After all, we are just some 'kids' having a fair discussion.
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
(12-31-2017, 07:14 AM)jesalvein Wrote: @CK1 : maybe we should move this to the Kid's corner ? Laugh
Why you always chill around in threads commenting some non-sense, and sometimes offensive comments? What you can't statisfy your "humanity" without it?

(12-31-2017, 03:53 PM)X_Grave_X Wrote: Why you always chill around in threads commenting some non-sense, and sometimes offensive comments? What you can't statisfy your "humanity" without it?

Well making an alt account and telling somebody "you suck" isn't exactly friendly either...

Your idea of an offensive comment is the opposite, it's supposed to be sarcasm Wink
(12-31-2017, 04:49 PM)CK1 Wrote: Well making an alt account and telling somebody "you suck" isn't exactly friendly either...
HAHAHAH you totally got me on this one Laugh 

but I did it once, sarcasm must be lightweight, but not being "sarcastic" in each and every thread....