Yet another black screen issue
The countless amounts of threads I found on google were outdated and I tried every fix I could read.

I'm trying to play God Hand, when I boot it up I get a black screen, I don't even get to see the PS2 startup screen where you select between playing a game and system settings etc.

I tried mounting the .iso with Daemon Tools Lite /and/ I tried just loading the .iso with pcsx2 /and/ I tried using a plugin to read the .iso, none worked.

My DirectX is completely up to date.

I'm using all default plugins.

Any insight on to why this happens?

The only fix I haven't attempted was using the Linuz plugin instead of whatever one is installed by default, as I can't find the Linuz plugin anywhere, despite the fact its apparently supposed to be packaged with the emulator, idk.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored links

Welp, I hate to be "that guy", but I managed to fix it and I'm stumped as to how.

sorry to anyone who happens upon my thread from google and has to read this post Sad
Damn, sorry for triple posting, but the problem is definitely still there, it just happens to only be there....sometimes.
Wait so you're saying when you press "Boot" without changing *any* settings it works differently every time and only works correctly *some* times??
I configured the graphics plugin a bit, the default settings were mostly all perfect, bar resolution.

I acquired some more games to test the issue, and the issue really is just hit and miss for all games.

Katamari Damacy worked when I did a fast boot, but not a full boot. I've only tried it once though, not really interested in trying again until I get a new CPU as it was quite laggy compared to godhand which ran at full FPS no matter what.

God Hand didn't seem to care whether I fast booted or full booted, most of the times I couldn't make it past the menu screen, ocasionally if I do get to play it cuts out after not even 5 minutes.

When launching Shinobi, I can't see the ps2 startup screen, but I can see the "Playstation 2" text appear on the screen and slide down, only to be met with a black screen and the game's menu misc.
Post emulog.txt from pcsx2/logs or my documents/pcsx2/logs
Post contents after error happens please.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-22-2013, 02:53 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Post emulog.txt from pcsx2/logs or my documents/pcsx2/logs
Post contents after error happens please.

http://pastebin.com/84H7DwtK
That log is after an issue, right?

Well, I don't see anything wrong but I'm not a log master. The only thing I see is that one time it reset right after it finished resetting, around line 125:
Code:
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.
# Restart Without Memory Clear.

Other than that... not seeing anything. Maybe you'll get a better response when one of the coders looks at it. Sorry, I couldn't be of help. Also, I asked for the logs while I was on my phone at the hospital which is why I didn't look til now lol.

The 1.0.0 release is stable, but you might just try the new SVN release for ***** and giggles from:

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-22-2013, 08:15 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: That log is after an issue, right?

Well, I don't see anything wrong but I'm not a log master. The only thing I see is that one time it reset right after it finished resetting, around line 125:
Code:
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.
# Restart Without Memory Clear.

Other than that... not seeing anything. Maybe you'll get a better response when one of the coders looks at it. Sorry, I couldn't be of help. Also, I asked for the logs while I was on my phone at the hospital which is why I didn't look til now lol.

The 1.0.0 release is stable, but you might just try the new SVN release for ***** and giggles from:

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

There isn't really an error, the game is fine and there's no stuttering to what I can assume, as the audio is fine and the fps counter sits at a solid 60. The screen just happens to go black sometimes.

I'm hoping when I get my new CPU it somehow fixes itself.
(12-22-2013, 08:27 AM)KazumaTeiken Wrote: There isn't really an error, the game is fine and there's no stuttering to what I can assume, as the audio is fine and the fps counter sits at a solid 60. The screen just happens to go black sometimes.

I'm hoping when I get my new CPU it somehow fixes itself.

When screen goes black, is audio still playing?

Answer anyway, but just FYI if so I doubt a new cpu is gonna fix it.