Yet another quad core question
The last post i could find about them was dated from 2010. i also have heard about a speedhack to make use of 3+ cores but i was wondering if it had become native yet. I just can't get a stable 60+ FPS on Tales of abyss especially in ST. Binah

Sponsored links

I believe it is only available in the SVN. You can download the latest SVN and test it, I believe its called MTVU.
Subversion builds are not available for Mac and Linux.
(06-07-2012, 06:34 AM)Amak Wrote: I believe it is only available in the SVN. You can download the latest SVN and test it, I believe its called MTVU.

I know it's under speedhacks, but they say speedhacks might cause problems so i rather not if i disable FPS limiter i get speeds of over 100 FPS easy. Does that mean i should be able to achieve a 60 fps easy. or does disabling also cause things to be skipped when emulated( basically pure benchmarking)?
MTVU is currently the only emulator option that will enable a 3rd core to be used, so far the compatibility is really high and only know to cause problems in a few games so it should be pretty safe to enable.

I noticed you said you can get 100 fps with FPS limiter off, under the GS Window tab make sure "Wait for Vsync on refresh" and" Dynamically toggle Vsync depending on frame rate" is disabled (unchecked) also since these options can cause a slowdown as-well.
(06-07-2012, 01:51 PM)Shezed Wrote: I know it's under speedhacks, but they say speedhacks might cause problems so i rather not if i disable FPS limiter i get speeds of over 100 FPS easy. Does that mean i should be able to achieve a 60 fps easy. or does disabling also cause things to be skipped when emulated( basically pure benchmarking)?

MTVU help you maintain 60/50 FPS speed if you already have above normal speed why the waste of energy and life spawn !