Yet another valkyrie profile 2 question lol
i recently got back to pcsx2 and updated to the latest version and was pleasantly surprised to see so many changes since the last time i updated i8t (somewhere 2019 i think?)
i was planning to play valkyrie profile 2 again and to my surprise the bizzare vertical lines were all gone, so i was pumped that maybe now the game could be really cool to play at higher resolutions. 

Alas, when the depth of field effects (and partially bloom effects, but to a far lesser extent) kick in, the whole screen starts to go haywire.
I added a screenshot of the issue at hand (mainly depth of field being *really* blocky) - i can remember this being a far less of an issue with the older builds, but it could be i had settings enabled back then, that are either removed / relocated with the new build (i currently use the nightly v1.7 2466, i think this one is the one you want, right? lol)

Any way to either disable this effect entirely outside of going software mode? i saw on the wiki this was supposedly fixed with opgenGL render and half pixel offset settings, but it does nothing for me sadly. i have almost all settings at default, outside of rendering resolution at 4x and the settings the wiki recommended me listed above, the rest is default.

Any help would be appriciated Smile

specs:

Ryzen 5600
16gb ddr 4 ram
rtx 3060 
windows 10 latest build

Edit - seems like uploading a picture doesn't work, let me upload it somehwere else

Edit2: https://imgur.com/9tYASDx issue at hand

Sponsored links

Could you post GS dumps of troublesome moments?
You can do Shift + F8 and it will be located in the snaps folder.
(04-07-2022, 05:51 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: Could you post GS dumps of troublesome moments?
You can do Shift + F8 and it will be located in the snaps folder.

https://easyupload.io/m/i3plxs

i uploaded both gs and screenshot that were in the folder.
Although i feel this could be fixed with a tweaked setting i'm sure of it.

Edit

i found a youtube video showing the scene play out without any depth of field at all, this would be the ideal solution for my problem.

https://youtu.be/C89aSbqLuvk?t=570

i am looking into the description, it seems he has done that through some cheat pnag file, i will report back if it soilved my issue (or if an official fix / setting can be enabled to simulate this effect, that would be dandy too)
Yeah seems the effect is broken in upscaled and that pnach basically removes the effect, avoiding the effect. You can get something similar with skipdraw 1-31 in that scene but I wouldn't recommend it as it would break other visuals in other scenes. Or test that pnach by putting it into the cheats folder.

Attached Files
.pnach   CC96CE93.pnach (Size: 6,33 KB / Downloads: 74)
yeah i tried the skip draw, i remember that disabling some post processing effects and fixed a lot of my games in the past.
When i tried that now, it became way worse lol.

I did use the pnach and it did solve my issue, albeit popping up other issues lol.
I suppose these are somewhat minor, and i am fidling around with settings to get those fixed.
Keep in mind the pnach has many other 'fixes', you can use notepad++ to either do // in front of the lines you don't want or simply remove the lines you don't want.
(04-08-2022, 04:12 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: Keep in mind the pnach has many other 'fixes', you can use notepad++ to either do // in front of the lines you don't want or simply remove the lines you don't want.

When i open the pnach file with notepad, all of them have / / lol
not sure what is active and what not.
basically, each line beginning with "//" is commented out, and thus disabled.
if all your lines do begin with this, your pnach will basically be skipped.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-08-2022, 06:46 PM)jesalvein Wrote: basically, each line beginning with "//" is commented out, and thus disabled.
if all your lines do begin with this, your pnach will basically be skipped.

But it fixed the depth of field issue for me, so *something* has to be enabled right? xD
Well yeah but a pnach can be many fixes

// Explanation Change
line....
line....
line....

// Explanation Change 2

And so on.

// Explanation Change 2
// line....
// line....
// line....

It explains what it does even if you don't get the code.