Your recommended PS2 games - Must haves and overlooked gems
I've been online shopping for PS2 games lately while trying not to allow my preconceived game opinions get in the way. Please share your recommended PS2 games - Must haves and overlooked gems. Also if they perform great in PCSX2. 

All genres welcome.

Thanks  Smile

Sponsored links

my recommendation;

Persona 3 Fes
Persona 4 (actually ı recommend vita version if no vita then ps2 version)
Gow 1-2
Yakuza 1-2
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King.
Dark Cloud 1 and 2
Rouge Galaxy
Final Fantasy 10-12
Okage: Shadow King
God Hand
Devil May Cry
Downhill
Specs:
CPU: Intel Core I5 4670 3.4GHz
RAM: 6GB
GPU: Radeon HD 7770 2GB
I'm partial to the .hack series, all 7 of em... Final fantasy x (though I think the HD remix on ps3 is better for me.. since it has the dark aeons)
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
I would also have to personally recommend Dark Cloud 2 (aka Dark Chronicle) as it is arguably one of the best RPGs period and it is one of the better performing titles in PCSX2.

Rouge Galaxy and the original Dark Cloud are decent too.

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance is a pretty good game but runs just a little slow at times.

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil is a great 2.5 platforming title even though it is a bit of a hidden gem.

Gitaroo Man is also a great rhythm-action game even though it is difficult and also a hidden gem.

Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner is an awesome mecha-action game created by Hideo Kojima but be warned it is one of the slowest performing titles on PCSX2.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is a great fighting game if you can track down a copy and tends to run at full speed.

Odin Sphere and Okami are also worth looking into.

The Mega Man X Collection is worth having if you're interested in those games and don't want to go through the trouble of tracking down all of the SNES titles which can be quite expensive.

This goes without saying but the Sly Cooper, Rachet & Clank and Jak and Daxter trilogies are also must-haves.
Awesome stuff. Many new games added to my shopping list. Cheers!
I really enjoy "blood will tell" (or something like that Wink )
(02-21-2017, 06:36 PM)scythefwd Wrote: I'm partial to the .hack series, all 7 of em... Final fantasy x (though I think the HD remix on ps3 is better for me.. since it has the dark aeons)

sorry but the ps2 version has dark aeons as well