Ys ark of napishtim
Not sure if these are previously noted things or it's just me. The USA version of the game actually runs well with gsdx10 and the official release of playground, however after playing not too long pcsx2 freezes on a screen change, as in the screen goes black but never transitions to the next area and hte audio starts to loop itself.

My pc:

e4400 @ 2.96ghz
Radeon 3850 256 ram
3 gb system ram
vista 32-bit

Sponsored links

It seems to happen (the audio breaks and sometimes crashes) when a item obtained music plays (such as opening a large chest) - sound plugin doesn't seem to matter, either.
there is also a boss that crashes randomly.
(01-12-2009, 08:10 AM)Nneeve Wrote: It seems to happen (the audio breaks and sometimes crashes) when a item obtained music plays (such as opening a large chest) - sound plugin doesn't seem to matter, either.
there is also a boss that crashes randomly.

The game has worked flawlessly for me up until I reached the second in-game cutscene. It is very near the end of the game when you get a cutscene showing the great vortex disappearing. After which I cannot go to the pause menu or leave the screen. If I try to do either I get the black screen mentioned previously. I have tried reloading and making my way to that point again, but the same thing happens. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Unsure
Can you post your memory card? I'll look at it then.
(08-27-2010, 07:51 PM)rama Wrote: Can you post your memory card? I'll look at it then.

I have never done that before. I think I found them "Mcd001.ps2" and "Mcd002.ps2"? When I try to attach those files the site give me an error. "The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type."

Am I doing something wrong? Unsure
Yep, you should compress the memory card first Wink

Please compress "Mcd001.ps2" using Winrar, 7-Zip or Winzip and then try again.
(08-27-2010, 08:12 PM)rama Wrote: Yep, you should compress the memory card first Wink

Please compress "Mcd001.ps2" using Winrar, 7-Zip or Winzip and then try again.

Here it is. To get to the area with the cutscene you head north something like 5 screens. It is very linear. Eventually you'll see an old man lieing on the ground. Talk to him and the cutscene will play. After the cutscene is where I can't leave the screen or go into the menu screen in-game. I don't know if you need to know any of this, but I figured it can't hurt. Biggrin

Attached Files
.7z   Mcd001.7z (Size: 1,18 MB / Downloads: 120)
Okay, thanks a bunch for that.
Due to something the game does in the hall we could find a figure out an (unrelated) bug Tongue2

So back to your issue:
The game works fine for me here, and I know it had issues with SPU2-X and reverb before.
Can you tell me if you're using the SPU2-X from the latest plugin pack?
( http://pcsx2.net/files/25100 )
If not, try it Tongue2
(08-28-2010, 01:59 AM)rama Wrote: Okay, thanks a bunch for that.
Due to something the game does in the hall we could find a figure out an (unrelated) bug Tongue2

So back to your issue:
The game works fine for me here, and I know it had issues with SPU2-X and reverb before.
Can you tell me if you're using the SPU2-X from the latest plugin pack?
( http://pcsx2.net/files/25100 )
If not, try it Tongue2

I was not using that new plugin. I am using r1888 with the plugins it came with. I tried adding the ones you listed into the plugins folder, but they do not show up in Pcsx2 for some reason. I tried adding them into their own folder and pointed Pcsx2 to that folder and it listed no plugins at all. Do I need to download a new version for these new plugins to show up?

Yep. Fetch "PCSX2 0.9.7 beta Full installer" and install that, then update the plugins with the pack.
http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta