Yu-gi-oh Duelist Of The Roses graphical bug?
Hey.

There seems to be a minor graphical bug in Yu-gi-oh DOTR because when I go to attack or get attacked or whatever, it zooms in to the ground and becomes heavily pixeled, which is rather annoying to be honest.

There is no problem with the speed, everything runs at full frames and the game is most certainly 'playable' but it's just this annoying occurrence that is kinda ruining the game for me (i'm sorta like a perfectionist =/) Obviously if there is no way around it, i'll continue playing the game as normal but I just thought I'd ask. hoping it can be fixed =D.

Using PCSX2 1.0.0
GSdx 5334 SSE4 Direct3D11 Hardware(Tried Software and No difference), 4x Native,Texture Filtering
Lilypad 0.11.0
SPU-X 2.0.0

Here is the bug in it's horrible glory

http://tinypic.com/r/auxgd4/6

And Here is how it's suppose to look

http://tinypic.com/r/1zqua94/6

Hope I provided enough information.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

BUMP!
Well it doesn't seem a gsdx bug nothing really affects it, it's also not happening only when attacked, same thing happens when you set the camera manually(left analog up to the max), if you move the view just a bit back it returns to normal.

All it does is changing the zoom way too much, seems like an accuracy bug. I made a pnach which fixes it back, but it has a slight lag, it basically patches the angle after it detects wrong one, soo for an instant the glitch still shows, I didn't tested it much except on tutorial and first stage, but it works.
Code:
//Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist of the Roses NTSC-U
//fix for the zoom bug
patch=1,EE,D1FE04F0,extended,00000000
patch=1,EE,21FE04F0,extended,B727C5AC
Soo if you don't understand those codes - the first line basically checks the adress 0x21FE04F0 and when it stores 0 then it allows for second code to be patched and changes it to negative very close to 0(float).

Edit: I should probably correct the confusing part;p, I mentioned zoom, couse the bug causes zoom, but it does soo through angle control not the actual zoom control, soo this patch doesn't affect the zoom itself in any way ~ hope it doesn't sounds even more confusing;p. Anyway this adress should probably never reach 0 couse the camera goes crazy if it does, and different rounding modes doesn't really help.
(01-21-2013, 07:15 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Well it doesn't seem a gsdx bug nothing really affects it, it's also not happening only when attacked, same thing happens when you set the camera manually(left analog up to the max), if you move the view just a bit back it returns to normal.

All it does is changing the zoom way too much, seems like an accuracy bug. I made a pnach which fixes it back, but it has a slight lag, it basically patches the angle after it detects wrong one, soo for an instant the glitch still shows, I didn't tested it much except on tutorial and first stage, but it works.
Code:
//Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist of the Roses NTSC-U
//fix for the zoom bug
patch=1,EE,D1FE04F0,extended,00000000
Soo if you don't understand those codes - the first line basically checks the adress 0x21FE04F0 and when it stores 0 then it allows for second code to be patched and changes it to negative very close to 0(float).

Edit: I should probably correct the confusing part;p, I mentioned zoom, couse the bug causes zoom, but it does soo through angle control not the actual zoom control, soo this patch doesn't affect the zoom itself in any way ~ hope it doesn't sounds even more confusing;p. Anyway this adress should probably never reach 0 couse the camera goes crazy if it does, and different rounding modes doesn't really help.

Thanks but how would I go about inputting this code into PCSX2?
If you have US version, you can use my pnach(has also cheats to activate some custom duels which are hard to get by in pcsx2 / disabled by default).

.pnach   07AD79C9.pnach (Size: 1,07 KB / Downloads: 2.459)
Just throw it into your pcsx2\cheats folder and activate cheats. If you have any other version, well then you'll have to wait for someone to make similar thing:].
Also if your game CRC is different than 0x07AD79C9 you'll have to rename the file to your game crc(you can find it in the pcsx2 log after running the game).
The glitch still happens with it for me, but just for a blink of an eye(or, if you check by moving the camera with left analog, then as long as you keep pressing it).
(01-21-2013, 08:49 PM)miseru99 Wrote: If you have US version, you can use my pnach(has also cheats to activate some custom duels which are hard to get by in pcsx2 / disabled by default).

Just throw it into your pcsx2\cheats folder and activate cheats. If you have any other version, well then you'll have to wait for someone to make similar thing:].
Also if your game CRC is different than 0x07AD79C9 you'll have to rename the file to your game crc(you can find it in the pcsx2 log after running the game).
The glitch still happens with it for me, but just for a blink of an eye(or, if you check by moving the camera with left analog, then as long as you keep pressing it).

I figured it out ok and it seems to have fixed it for the most part, it's fine now except from the fact that most of the time it is slanted to the left slightly and the cards flip back into place from the left. However, I know emulation is very rarely perfect and you should pay no attention to a mad perfectionist! =D Your patch has made my experience a LOT more enjoyable! Thanks!
You're welcome.

BTW not sure if that's what you ment, but if you edit that pnach file and change this line:
Code:
to this
Code:
patch=1,EE,21FE04F0,extended,3727C5AC
(that's basically also close to 0, just positive instead of negative like previously)
then the camera will flip over and the sides will be shown from opposite ways, not really sure now how it should be correctly.Tongue

If you mean something else I dunno, this patch just fixes angle to non buggy one, stuff there happens too fast for me to notice details. And yeah emulation of some games is quite broken, that one works pretty well in compare to some others. @_@
(01-21-2013, 10:05 PM)miseru99 Wrote: You're welcome.

BTW not sure if that's what you ment, but if you edit that pnach file and change this line:
Code:
to this
Code:
patch=1,EE,21FE04F0,extended,3727C5AC
(that's basically also close to 0, just positive instead of negative like previously)
then the camera will flip over and the sides will be shown from opposite ways, not really sure now how it should be correctly.Tongue

If you mean something else I dunno, this patch just fixes angle to non buggy one, stuff there happens too fast for me to notice details. And yeah emulation of some games is quite broken, that one works pretty well in compare to some others. @_@

Yeah this one was better than the last, it's a lot closer to the real version. The real one is suppose to do a sorta corkscrew spin after a battle and the camera is still a LITTLE slanted(if you wanna see how it looks on an actual PS2 just youtube Yu-gi-Oh Duelist Of The Roses) BUT like I said before, you don't have to bother man, it's already more than playable thanks to your patch. Thanks again.
I haven't got time to get into this game seriously yet soo yeah it was all the same for me. I used cheat engine to find that adress pretty easily after I noticed this happens when manually moving camera, soo wasn't really hard nor took much time, I thought negative was better there couse that's how it was showing when I manually set camera, didn't really checked what value it shows during battle, just checked if the patch activates there=_=.

Camera is the closest it can be with float values on pc, ps2 have a bit different format and emulator simply rounds it, this causes minor bugs in many games usually fixed by choosing different rounding or clamping modes, I couldn't saw a difference, but you're much better in seeing details in this game, you could check all rounding and clamping modes under both EE/IOP and VUs in config>emulation settings. I actually noticed clamping mode under EE/IOP changing the visibility of the bug a bit(going from normal to extra was changing angle and on full it was turning black), couldn't saw much of a difference without the bug through.
(01-21-2013, 11:22 PM)miseru99 Wrote: I haven't got time to get into this game seriously yet soo yeah it was all the same for me. I used cheat engine to find that adress pretty easily after I noticed this happens when manually moving camera, soo wasn't really hard nor took much time, I thought negative was better there couse that's how it was showing when I manually set camera, didn't really checked what value it shows during battle, just checked if the patch activates there=_=.

Camera is the closest it can be with float values on pc, ps2 have a bit different format and emulator simply rounds it, this causes minor bugs in many games usually fixed by choosing different rounding or clamping modes, I couldn't saw a difference, but you're much better in seeing details in this game, you could check all rounding and clamping modes under both EE/IOP and VUs in config>emulation settings. I actually noticed clamping mode under EE/IOP changing the visibility of the bug a bit(going from normal to extra was changing angle and on full it was turning black), couldn't saw much of a difference without the bug through.

There is no ground-breaking difference. Putting the EE/IOP on negative and extra also helped a bit. It's 99% Perfect, which is more than enough.