ZZ Ogl PG crashes pcsx2 on Opensuse Tumbleweed
Exclamation 
If i choose this plugin and run any game it just crashes pcsx2 with no warnings.
Running pcsx2 from the command line i get this after the crash:
Code:
joder@linux:~> pcsx2                                                                                                                
Interface is initializing.  Entering Pcsx2App::OnInit!                                                                              
Applying operating system default language...                                                                                        
Command line parsing...                                                                                                              
Command line parsed!                                                                                                                
ZZOgl-PG:  Calling GSinit.                                                                                                          
ZZOgl-PG:  GSinit finished.                                                                                                          
ZZOgl-PG:  Calling GSopen2.                                                                                                          
ZZOgl-PG:  Capturing ZZOgl window.                                                                                                  
The program 'pcsx2' received an X Window System error.                                                                              
This probably reflects a bug in the program.                                                                                        
The error was 'GLXBadFBConfig'.                                                                                                      
  (Details: serial 31 error_code 178 request_code 155 minor_code 34)                                                                
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;                                                              
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.                                                                    
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line                                                                        
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful                                                                    
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)                                                        
Segmentation fault

Not sure if it is a plugin, driver or Xorg problem, fearly new to linux especially when it comes to troubleshooting.

Sponsored links

High probability that your driver doesn't support the minimum requirement to run zzogl (if it was built with GLSL support).

Or you driver is wrongly installed.
Which are the requirements for zzogl to work? HD graphics 2000 supports opengl 3.3 according to "glxinfo".

Code:
name of display: :0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4

client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
client glx version string: 1.4

GLX version: 1.4

OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Desktop
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.4.3
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile

OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.4.3
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:

OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 10.4.3
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0

I dunno if the suse guys built the driver with GLSL support.
Gl 4.x. Technically I can reduce it but I don't have time for it. I think the future will be gsdx.

Rule of thumb: experimental options are always enabled by people Wink
No zzogl for me then, at least until i get a new video card.

And sorry for not properly search the forum for an answer which is in here:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GLXBadFBConfig
You can compile zzogl with Cg instead of GLSL - install nvidia-cg-toolkit and then remove -DGLSL_API='TRUE' from the cmake call when compiling pcsx2. It will work this way, but I'm curious about performance. It works very well on Haswell, but it's really slow on Ironlake. Your HD2000 (Sandy Bridge) is in between those two, so yeah, I'm curious how it'll perform. Smile

Edit: LOL, I clicked on your link to that other thread and saw I said pretty much the same thing there Smile. Well, nevertheless, I am curious about performance on Sandy Bridge. Performance of both zzogl and gsdx.