ZZogl -- Zero GS KOSMOS fork
Hello all,

I am having a graphical glitch with ZZ ogl pg (0.4.0) when playing Final Fantasy X (see bushes in the background of the picture below). I don't have the issue with GSdx. Other than that the game runs perfectly well but this particular issue can be pretty annoying as faulty rendering can make items (chests, al bhed primers, save points, etc) no longer visible.

[Image: ffx-transp-issue.png]

Bilinear Filtering is set to normal
Anti-Aliasing x4 (I have the same issue with default settings)

Ubuntu 12.04
PCSX2 packages from official PPA (pcsx2-unstable:i386 2:5391-4)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 (@2.5GHz)
8GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4650

Does anybody have any idea what is going on here?
Thank you!

Sponsored links

@Toadstool, Can you test zzogl 3.0 ? However I don't remember if I added it on the PPA.

@Avatarass, I think the "easiest solution" will be to compile it from source so you can select the revision you want. And in the meantime tell me which revision broke your game.
(09-04-2012, 08:43 AM)gregory Wrote: @Toadstool, Can you test zzogl 3.0 ? However I don't remember if I added it on the PPA.

There are two zzogl plugins in the package I got from the PPA: zzogl pg 0.4.0 and zzogl pg cg 0.3.0. Both trigger the same transparency issue. If you want me to try with another zzogl plugin version, please tell me where I can get it (binary or source).

Thanks!
crappy radeon driver maybe
(09-04-2012, 09:29 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: crappy radeon driver maybe

Possibly Smile Although I want to make sure this is actually the case before messing with my Radeon driver.
what version is it?
@gregory, the one in the screenshot dude. 2:5391-4, that one version I get in the package manager doesnt work.
I mean the revision R which followg those 2 properties.
1/ rev R works.
2/ rev R+1 don't work
Is it this case?
(09-05-2012, 07:59 AM)gregory Wrote: I mean the revision R which followg those 2 properties.
1/ rev R works.
2/ rev R+1 don't work
Is it this case?

You lost me there bro. No idea what you are talking about.

First of all I dont see anything from your ppa source except that latest unstable release... All I know is that any other versions work (from other sources). I would like to know whether or not other versions in your source work, but I dont see them, I am trying to find out why. I mean I guess previous versions of the unstable release work in your ppa source work too, I have no idea, I don't see any way to roll it back.

So yeah, if you consider unstable versions from other sources (0.9.9) to be rev R, and the lasted version of the unstable (the lastest version 1.1.0) to be R+1, then yes, R+1 doesn't work.
ppa only support latest version. No way to get back! What I mean, if you manually compile pcsx2 you can chooose any version in any order and so find exactly which one is the first to crash