Poll: Linux: which gs plugin do you use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
only GSdx-ogl
92.86%
13 92.86%
only ZZogl
0%
0 0%
both
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

ZZogl vs GSdx
Exclamation 
I want to know which GS plugin you use? And why (accuracy, speed, not working, other) ?

With all GSdx-ogl latest improvement/fix, I think gsdx ogl is better than zzogl now. I barely have time to play any game with the emulator so please, I really need your feedback.

ZZogl is really a nice plugin but I really doesn't have time to maintain it/improve it. So I want to downgrade from main build to extra build
1/ won't be provided anymore in the ubuntu PPA
2/ won't be built by default => drop cg & jpeg dependency. Reduce compilation time.

Thanks for your attention

Sponsored links

GSdx is all that I use. Smile
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Not that I use PCSX2 on Linux much, but have almost never touched ZZogl. Haven't even bothered getting the dependencies for it for quite some time.

Currently on GCC 5, so haven't checked the Linux build for some time.
I only use GSdx as well.
"I know now why you cry... but it is something I can never do."
-Emotion Engine
Since GSdx-ogl started working on Intel hardware, there's no reason to use ZZOgl anymore.
Ok. So I removed zzogl of the main build.
Are there are any games where zzogl performs better than gsdx ogl at both accuracy and speed wise ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Nowadays, I'd say no.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(05-16-2015, 08:46 PM)ssakash Wrote: Are there are any games where zzogl performs better than gsdx ogl at both accuracy and speed wise ?

Not since GSdx wizard gregory started improving the OGL backend so much.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(05-16-2015, 11:10 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Not since GSdx wizard gregory started improving the OGL backend so much.
Thanks for the wizard nickname Tongue2 But most of the improvement of the backend are the possibilities of openGL4

On Nvidia hardware, zzogl can't compete anymore. MT driver + fast vertex upload (GL4) is really fast. It would be very interesting to upgrade zzogl to use the same kind of feature to compare them properly.

Potentially zzogl can emulate some GS effect that GSdx can't. But
1/ Missing GS effect on GSdx are the hardest to emulate, so not sure zzogl got them right.
2/ with accurate date/accurate blend/half-screen snow engine fix/upscaling hack, GSdx-OGL did really a big jump forward.
3/ GSdx-ogl is much much easier to debug (due to all recents improvements)

Hopefully soon, GSdx will support openCL on linux Smile

Quote: Since GSdx-ogl started working on Intel hardware, there's no reason to use ZZOgl anymore.
Mesa is very close to support all features needed by GSdx (actually even closer than AMD catalyst...)

Edit: so I removed zzogl of the default build
=> drop libjpeg lib requirement
=> drop CG lib requirement