ZeroGS Plugin Configration
Merry Christmas everybody! Rolleyes
i found the ps2 "Zero" plugin series and I wonder if some body can help me configure it
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zxO0qm...yi7DQPG8g_
the configuration panel looks like this
http://oi68.tinypic.com/osqpvl.jpg
current plugin in use: ZeroGS 0.97.1 [zerogs-r5875]

Thanks for your time! Biggrin

01010010011010010110010001100001☯

Sponsored links

This one is deprecated.
I don't think you'll get support for it
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-28-2017, 01:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: This one is deprecated.
I don't think you'll get support for it

but why??? when i tested it(raw without configuration) it seemed to be very good, actually I thought that it's a good competitor against the gsdx plugin, the problem is it is not as organized as the gsdx and seems to be more complicated...

Most of the stuff was ported to gsdx iirc so there's no need for it anymore.
Gsdx is miles ahead anyway.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(12-28-2017, 02:06 PM)X_Grave_X Wrote: but why??? when i tested it(raw without configuration) it seemed to be very good, actually I thought that it's a good competitor against the gsdx plugin, the problem is it is not as organized as the gsdx and seems to be more complicated...

ohh... you learned something from old times? lol. it's dead tho.

and why competition? why you think that way? who needs that? this is no developer game. general compatibility matters. and zerogs is totally outdated and dead. nobody worked on this in years. why pick that up again if gsdx and gsgl are working way better?! it may have educational value or (imo) could be maintained as a small personal (anybody who wants too) developing thing / testbed (cause it's code footprint is a lil smaller), but... in terms of functionality and compatiblah (i hate to type that word Tongue) it will not officially come back.
(12-28-2017, 06:13 PM)dabore Wrote: ohh... you learned something from old times? lol. it's dead tho.

and why competition? why you think that way? who needs that? this is no developer game. general compatibility matters. and zerogs is totally outdated and dead. nobody worked on this in years. why pick that up again if gsdx and gsgl are working way better?! it may have educational value or (imo) could be maintained as a small personal (anybody who wants too) developing thing / testbed (cause it's code footprint is a lil smaller), but... in terms of functionality and compatiblah (i hate to type that word Tongue) it will not officially come back.

thanks for you unnecessary offense....anyways when i said "competition"i meant in terms of speed and compatibility....i have tons of games with me and ones which gave me issues(blacks screen/half black screen...) tend to work normally on zerogs's plugin, but gsdx was the obvious winner in tweaking,customization and speed.i don't mind if gsdx is the best plugin currently, all what i wanted is to change and try some other plugins even if they were outdated...if that bothers you, well i honestly don't care, but their is no harm in supporting other developers than just gsdx's...Plus zeroGS used to e great in the past(like psx and others) and when i saw it i knew i had to try it, but I wasn't expecting such response and actions from forums....I've been in the emulation realms since the 1st psx emulator luanched (epsxe) and i was obsessed with it, but when pcsx2 came, i retained even more from my "legacy" experience...but my pc is awful and i couldn't run ps2 games properly and that's why i sound like being bummed about it..

was that offensive? not really.

and... there's no competition between gsdx and zero. zero is old. it may still be functionally correct, which is good for some games, but this is where this support for it ends. nobody develops this anymore. every development iteration of the pcsx2 core could eventually break it. hence no support. everything is based on old code. not tested and not guaranteed to work.

and... i get that your pc is terrible. it's like my old craptop. just cause i know and... you wanting to play... maybe you wanna start fixing and re-coding a plugin too? zerogs has just a lil bit of code to understand. Wink
(12-28-2017, 06:53 PM)dabore Wrote: was that offensive? not really.

and... there's no competition between gsdx and zero. zero is old. it may still be functionally correct, which is good for some games, but this is where this support for it ends. nobody develops this anymore. every development iteration of the pcsx2 core could eventually break it. hence no support. everything is based on old code. not tested and not guaranteed to work.

and... i get that your pc is terrible. it's like my old craptop. just cause i know and... you wanting to play... maybe you wanna start fixing and re-coding a plugin too? zerogs has just a lil bit of code to understand. Wink

thanks really Smile ....plugin coding seems to be a promising idea, but from where do i start??

Also, this plugin unfortunately have the famous AMD speed issue (OpenGL only)like GSDX but if you are on Intel, Nvidia or Virtualbox guest additions, it will not have a speed issue. But even on powerfull computers, this plugin is quite low (a lot more than GSDX) but as Lightningterror say, some ZeroGS code was ported to GSDX so it is definitively a good plugin but again, GSDX is better. And if you want to use it, it would be better to use Zzogl instead wich is a more newer version of Zerogs (link available in the plugin update topic).
If a game works on zerogs and not on gsdx then it's worth checking out the code difference. Perhaps something can be ported.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5