ZoE2 GPU bottleneck?
(06-10-2012, 03:12 AM)hyakki Wrote: I think that's the misconception with this game, a lot of people play the first level and see 60 fps, its not until the bosses and further levels in the game stresses everything Smile

with my current config I get about 50-60 fps on bosses, my old 9800gtx+ could only get 20-30 fps but that only had 512mb ram

Yeah, bosses and cutscenes (like MGS2) are really the performance killers. They are still largely playable. Just not to the extent anyone would like them to be.

And with the advent of the HDC even though it only runs at 720p (And thus has a ton of aliasing) it will be a nice alternative...as long as they don't make the cutscenes run at 60FPS (Because they ran 30 originally IIRC)

Sponsored links

I find that even with my Radeon 6950 2GB, Zone of the Enders 2 runs faster in software mode all the time. In software mode I don't ever drop below 60fps, but I do in hardware mode.

Btw maximum VU cycle stealing gives a huge performance boost in both ZOE games, don't be mislead by the info box that says it will harm performance. I get over 200fps in ZOE2 in many areas using maxium speed hacks and MTVU.
(06-10-2012, 09:39 PM)Energize Wrote: I find that even with my Radeon 6950 2GB, Zone of the Enders 2 runs faster in software mode all the time. In software mode I don't ever drop below 60fps, but I do in hardware mode.

Btw maximum VU cycle stealing gives a huge performance boost in both ZOE games, don't be mislead by the info box that says it will harm performance. I get over 200fps in ZOE2 in many areas using maxium speed hacks and MTVU.

It doesn't harm it any?

If I mess with the sliders too much it can easily lead to choppiness, hence I only do as a last resort, but the EE affects worse than the VU for sure.