Zone of Enders Problems
Hi, Im trying to get Zone of Enders to run properly on pcsx but i keep getting strange slowdowns (Cutscenes as well as gameplay) and a lot of image distortions during battle (looks like im viewing it drunk)
something like this: http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4573/...361732.jpg
except a LOT more distorted
I'd post a picture but im not home at the moment so as soon as I get back
Ive tried disabling speedhacks, and it fixed the slowdowns (for cutscenes) but seems to make the image distortion worse

I run a stock xfx 7870, with an AMD 8320 3.5 ghz, 8gb ram 1600 mhz cl9
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/M9yC8d

Any help is appreciated

Sponsored links

hey i've beaten that game on the emulator, my only problem was that it didn't showed the map when i pressed start, so hum it works, but do try change to other resolutions and see if it still slow downs
Posting your PCSX2 config would help us diagnose your issue faster, But..

Think you're limited by the CPU, the test rig someone used to get 50-60fps was an i5-2500k @3.3ghz an intels are 30% faster than AMD's (being a bit conservative) ZotE games are extremely heavy on GPU but with your GPU it shouldn't be an issue (unless you're running at 6x scaling.)

If you haven't already turn on MTVU it should help with the speed, run the game at 3x scaling as well, and report back
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(08-06-2014, 06:13 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Posting your PCSX2 config would help us diagnose your issue faster, But..

Think you're limited by the CPU, the test rig someone used to get 50-60fps was an i5-2500k @3.3ghz an intels are 30% faster than AMD's (being a bit conservative) ZotE games are extremely heavy on GPU but with your GPU it shouldn't be an issue (unless you're running at 6x scaling.)

If you haven't already turn on MTVU it should help with the speed, run the game at 3x scaling as well, and report back

ok i tried turning on MTVU, it actually slowed down gameplay
what king of config r u looking for?
Its rendering on direct 3d Hardware, 3x native
the other settings are on default
also tried with speedhacks off but that doesn't help

Im gonna be overclocking my cpu to 4.0 or 4.5 at least, I have an h80 cooler which isn't being used as it should