Zone of the Enders strange issue
Ok, so I play ZOE. Game works like a charm... for the most part. I have a GTX 1080 8GB and a Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.5GHz with 16GB of DDR4 ram at 3200MHz, so I'm pretty sure I can handle the game, but strangely, the game frame rate drops to about 60% the native NTSC FPS whenever more than one main character orbital frame is on screen. For example, I got through all the standard enemies no problem in the beginning, but when you have to have that first little skirmish with Viola after getting Jehuty, the frames take a big hit, as stated above.

Additionally, I did notice some occasional, random but really quick FPS drops when Multi-threading was active. Easy fix, turn off multi-threading, but I think this same fix may also be the cause of the slow downs with multiple main character orbital frames on screen? I'm not sure, hence my post. I was using the OGL plugin during that fight, and switched to DX11 afterwards, still have to see if that works to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, has anyone else experienced this and maybe already has a resolution? Also, thought I should add, that I do have the game playing at 4 times native resolution, but I can play modern games at 4K without issues, so 4X 640x480 shouldn't be anything, though I suppose emulation is a bit different than modern, PC optimized games, huh? Well, if anyone has any tips, it would be appreciated.

Same goes for ZOE 2nd Runner, because I'll be moving onto that one next.

Thanks in advance, guys and gals!

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Windows 10 Pro - ISO - All recommended speedhacks except for Multi-threading.

[Image: Capture.png]

Windows version doesn't have an effect on FPS, so that was useless info. ISO and DVD should have very little effect on FPS as well.
Everything else, you may have noticed, is mentioned in my original post if you'd actually read it...  Glare
Quote:Windows version doesn't have an effect on FPS
it will determine what version of directx you're able to use. sooo....
Quote:ISO and DVD should have very little effect on FPS as well.
I see. looks like you know better than us how pcsx2 works.

You don't need help, then
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-16-2018, 03:12 AM)TheiveryisanArt Wrote: Windows 10 Pro - ISO - All recommended speedhacks except for Multi-threading.

[Image: Capture.png]

Windows version doesn't have an effect on FPS, so that was useless info. ISO and DVD should have very little effect on FPS as well.
Everything else, you may have noticed, is mentioned in my original post if you'd actually read it...  Glare

He used an auto posting tool to save him time from typing it over and over in each thread. You should be a little more polite when asking for help from volunteers in an open source free program.

ZoE games hit some corner cases of GSdx making performance terrible, but I believe you should be able to get way above 60 FPS with that config (cause if you can't I guess no one can...)

Switch renderer to OpenGL hardware, CRC hack level to Partial, disable mipmapping (or even better set it to auto), disable anisotropic filtering and large framebuffer and try again.
[Image: newsig.jpg]