a few questions about a somewhat uncommon setup
Hi,

I am running the latest stable version of Pscx2, v1.4. My relevant specs are as follows:
    Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
    Physical RAM     =  8059 MB
    CPU name         =  Intel® Core™ i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 03)
    CPU speed        =  3.499 ghz (4 logical threads)

I am a fully blind gamer, which means i am trying to minimize the graphics rendering load as much as possible since I won't be looking at it anyway.
I also need the audio to be a snappy as possible, if required a slight los in sound quality is acceptable for this. What I've done so far:
- Set graphics to GsNull, does that actually matter speed-wise?
- Modified spu2.ini to set the audio latency to 10 ms, is that achievable?
- Tried to turn off frame limiting but this makes the games play faster than you can keep up with Smile
-
What is the recommended preset in this situation when it comes to the speed hacks?
I did turn on the speed hack for using three logical cores already.

Another thing is that I am using a userland-type overclock, rendering my CPU actually at 4.4 ghz, rather than 3.5. Pscx2 seems not to be picking this up though

Is there a way to override this?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Zersiax

Sponsored links

using GSNull will probably be the quickest option for you yes Smile It should reduce the load a reasonable amount.
With SPU2-X, If you choose the PortAudio option as the output module, you can go in to the advanced settings and bring the latency right down, along with the latency bar on the main configuration for the plugin, you should be able to achieve between 10 and 15 ms

As for frame limiting, I'd keep this on, it will go way too fast for you otherwise lol.

Recommended speedhacks are all you should turn on if you can, the MTVU speedhack may also bring further speed boosts, but some games do not like it.

Don't worry about what PCSX2 says your CPU speed is, what you see is just what windows reports and what the identity string on your cpu says, it will be completely wrong. As long as your overclock works, PCSX2 will be taking advantage of it.

Good luck!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I got ask if your blind gamer how you playing any game and know what your doing?
Hmm. PortAudio at first doesn't seem to give any sound for me set to WASAPI, I will have to play with it to see why that is happening.
As for how I play games and see what I am doing, the article I wrote about how I do programming should explain all that quite nicely:
http://blog.freecodecamp.com/2015/01/a-v...-eyes.html

Thanks for the suggestions so far folks Smile
interesting to read that blog entry. instead of asking how you play i'd rather ask what sort of games you play? gotta sound good. Laugh
Smile I tend to play fighting games a lot ...things like tekken, dbz budokai, narutimate ninja etc. Also some rpg's, I beat a rather unknown game called Jade Cocoon 2 when I still had a real ps2 :Smile wanted to revisit these old classics which is why I started this little project Smile
Currently trying to get tekken 4 to play nice, it works reasonably well but seems a little laggy. Then again ...I am used to the real thing so that might just be me having to get used to an emulator Smile
Ah the problem with portaudio you have can be resolved by ticking exclusive mode under the advanced options Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-22-2016, 01:48 AM)zersiax Wrote: Smile I tend to play fighting games a lot ...things like tekken, dbz budokai, narutimate ninja etc. Also some rpg's, I beat a rather unknown game called Jade Cocoon 2 when I still had a real ps2 :Smile wanted to revisit these old classics which is why I started this little project Smile
Currently trying to get tekken 4 to play nice, it works reasonably well but seems a little laggy. Then again ...I am used to the real thing so that might just be me having to get used to an emulator Smile

rather amazing I wouldnt be able to play such game especial Fighters blind even IF used a screen actions was dictated via audio, reactions time would be to slow, you must have some amazing god like reactions times Laugh
Quote:when I still had a real ps2

Using a BIOS file with PCSX2 which you have downloaded from the internet or from a PS2 console you do not own is illegal. You must own the console the BIOS file came from (even if it's broken) to be legal.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go