a newbie needs help
Don't use software render, change it to hardware. Your hardware is more than capable of handling everything just fine.

If you want to stop the screen from shaking just go through the Different Interlace options by Toggling (F5), just keep pressing it slowly until you find the right option to stop the screen from shaking.
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate

Sponsored links

(03-28-2010, 04:02 AM)Phoenix777 Wrote:
(03-28-2010, 03:31 AM)ikazu Wrote: Enable all options in GSDx, except vsync. disable speedhacks

Alright I changed it, it's much better now. But the characters in the opening scene are still shaking when the camera is panning. O well.
Anyway, I also noticed that the sound lagged occasionally, how can I fix that?

here is a picture of my current graphics and sound settings,
[Image: 12531221.png]

edit: o and I changed the rend. thread to 3 cuz the guide says it should set it to 3 if I have a quad CPU. I got Intel i7. Should I go higher? since i7 is technically 8 cores, heh
thanks again! Smile

its a quad that runs 8 threads. you could try higher, test it out, see what runs best for you.

as for the sound... will do that from time to time
well, I changed the interlacing around a bit while I was on the load screen. Seems like Bob bff (lol Bob best friend forever) made the pictures and text the sharpest and most stable.

I also changed to Hardware rendering, it looks a lot better.
I took screenshots to compare, the one on the left is hardware rendering and the right is software rendering.

[Image: 67562846.png]

thanks guys, and is there nothing I can do about the occasional sound lag?
I don't know why the audio is lagging for you, the Core i7 920 should be enough to handle the game just fine. try switching around sound plugins or try to OC your processor to at least 3.0GHz if possible.

Hardware Mode should always be used unless the game has problems like crashing, graphical bugs like missing texture and so on. One of the reason to use Software Mode would be if a game runs slow in hardware for some reason, then by having a Multi-Core processor you can get better results using software over hardware although those occasions are rare. The only way to get good or I should say decent picture is by raising the D3D Internal Res very high.

Anyway, if the sound is lagging due to you not getting full speed then you have the following options:

1- Use some speed hacks (easiest and most recommended in this case since FFX works great with them on)
2- Try different Sound Plugins (Alternate solution if the plugin is the one causing the issue)
3- Oc your processor (Last resort in case none of the above works)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
I switched the plugin to ZeroSPU2 with the first two boxes checked, I played for about half a hour and didn't notice any sound lag.
I dont think I need any speed hacks, it's running pretty smoothly already. What about that Nloop graphic option in the previous version? I thought that option is made to fix a bug in FFX, it's not there anymore in the beta version I have.

1 more question, for the aspect ratio, should I choose 16:9 or stretch? My monitor's native resolution is 1920x1200, which is 16:10 ratio. I'm asking this cuz in 16:9, there are black bars on top and bottom of the screen, and sometimes white lines flash between the game and the bottom black bar. So I thought stretching should fix it, but then again, stretching a non-wide screen to wide screen can make it flat looking...
........Why don't you just try seeing how it looks, just press (F6) in-game to switch between the settings, and no I have a 1920 x 1200 monitor with a 16:10 Aspect ratio and the games look just fine although you lose a tiny bit of display which is barely noticeable.
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
(03-29-2010, 04:52 PM)Master_DX Wrote: ........Why don't you just try seeing how it looks, just press (F6) in-game to switch between the settings, and no I have a 1920 x 1200 monitor with a 16:10 Aspect ratio and the games look just fine although you lose a tiny bit of display which is barely noticeable.

ill give it a try, and you don't get a flashing white line at the bottom sometimes?
No I don't or at least I haven't gotten it in the games I played so far.
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate