a show of hands for the wiki
It's a great resource when I need it. It still doesn't help when someone has an AMD K6-2 @ 500Mhz and a Voodoo 2 graphics card.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

I read the wiki for games I buy, and I also use the compatibility page as well. Both the compatibility posts and the wiki pages could use an update. It seems like most people who update them don't really play through the game entirely.

I would update the wiki for games I use, but because I haven't really completed any games since using PCSX2 way back in 06 I don't. I also don't update the wiki pages because I hate being wrong, even if there is a sliver of a chance of me being wrong, I'd rather keep it to myself, so posting info for the PS2 scene to read is daunting for me. Same thing goes for the compatibility posts in the forums. Grandia III, the latest game I'm attempting to get through, has settings that aren't 100% online, but I have settings that I believe to be good, and I always use software mode as my benchmark. Also, I don't know if I should base my findings on the hardware or software renderer, since for just about 1800 games, software mode runs flawlessly, whilst hardware games may require a bit of fiddling around. Plus with the constant updates Asmodean has provided recently, not everyone may be running exactly what I run...

Bla bla bla, variables, scared of being wrong. So I use them to guide me, but nothing more..... Long post =/
But the wikis pages are very obsolets about pcsx2.
That's why more people should update it. I might start being more active on there actually.
I have plans one day to actuallyted based in my work in the compatibility list,but now in this exactly moment real and great priority its for the List of game of the official site.
(01-20-2014, 05:13 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Though I'm sure for documentation purposes it's not.

But does anyone here read the wiki for their game configs? Everytime i get a set up for a game i have i add it to the wiki, and i'm curious if my work is in vein or not haha.

I think this is related to general discussion, but in the event that i'm wrong. please move me to Chatterbox Laugh

If I can't get a game to work correctly I generally hit up the wiki. In most cases it helps.
You've been putting up a lot of great posts on the compatibility list DESTRUIDOR.
The wiki is a great resource, but could be better if everyone posted more combinations of hardware and settings. I generally search the forum if I'm trying to get a game to work, or search youtube videos where people list their settings. Once I get round to tinkering with the few games I have, I'll try to contribute by best configs to the Wiki.
"For every age there is a time of trial. The rocks faced such a fire before they were the strength beneath our feet. The plants braved vast winds before their roots could give us life."