about capture avis!
I am sorry to say, none of the softwares you've generously recommended are perfect.
I do succeed in making a piece, and manage to perform it with my player program, however, the problem turns that I can't convert it into other forms and the form it currently is in is generally unsupportted by most websites, therefore I can't upload it, which makes my previous efforts meaningless. the most common error in convertion is nonsupport in decoder, which I feel confusing...

as to the Camstudio recommended by tallbender, it works even worse (slowness) and can not get good picture. There are good feedback from friends about it, but for me, it just won't work
? ^--^
??@!@
???-
???????????

Sponsored links

@blabla
Here's what I do with a video made with Fraps:
* download/install latest XVID codec for video
* download/install latest LAME mp3 codec for sound
Then I use the software virtualdub, to resize video, and compress it
before I upload it to youtube.
Off course, you might want to play and see your videos locally,
and if the traditional windows media player doesn't work,
then download and install the alternative player VLC for instance.
(12-21-2008, 03:25 PM)bigmehdi Wrote: @blabla
Here's what I do with a video made with Fraps:
* download/install latest XVID codec for video
* download/install latest LAME mp3 codec for sound
Then I use the software virtualdub, to resize video, and compress it
before I upload it to youtube.
Off course, you might want to play and see your videos locally,
and if the traditional windows media player doesn't work,
then download and install the alternative player VLC for instance.
What you describe should work, but it has some disadvantages, one is that the recompressed video will have lost some of the original picture quality, partly due to data loss in the original Fraps compression combining with the extra loss of the new VDub compression (both losses inevitable), and also because the resizing will require some filtering which will also alter the quality somewhat (best results with slowest process usually).

If blalbla can spare the temporary storage space for uncompressed video, then he can make the capture directly to AVI format without compression, and then use VirtualDub to convert those AVIs to new ones using XviD/DivX and MP3 compression for video and sound.

This has several advantages compared to other methods, and its only disadvantage is the need for large temporary storage space. (reclaimed after the conversion by deleting the uncompressed AVI)

Advantages
1: The final video clip will be in perfectly normal AVI form accepted by all sites and playing on all normal PCs without unusual codecs

2: The final video quality will have minimal losses since only a singe XviD/DivX compression is involved (if not resizing clip dimensions)

3: The original clip can be made at full speed without any extra utilties that might affect runtime PCSX2 compatibility (or speed)

So if the storage space is available, I think this is the best method.

Best regards: dlanor
@dlanor
Quote:What you describe should work, but it has some disadvantages, one is that the recompressed video will have lost some of the original picture quality, partly due to data loss in the original Fraps compression combining with the extra loss of the new VDub compression
The video captured by fraps is in an uncompressed format.
I compress it after, because it would take too much disk space,
and because usually I upload in youtube.
the advice from dlanor sounds more attractive, since my version of the Fraps is the unregistered one and therefore I can only capture a video of 30 seconds each time which certainly eliminate the scrupulosity of enough disk space. I didn't register the program is baced on the consideration of my skill, I am not smart enough to perform a good video and acctually I am not that interested in capturing videos either. this time is just a temporarily idea, because I reconized that there are quite a lot of misunderstandings around me on how advanced is our simulator processing today, and I want to show them which certainly couldn't be better if I present a video as reference. Also due to this condition, I should guarantee that there will be less loss of quility in compression process, because considering my computer hardware, I have to locate it to the lowest resoution for speed up on gaming, which certainly has already been a great loss...

dlanor's advice sounds more proper to this situation, and also my greatfulness to bigmehdi...
Yeeee? Dlanor????

"If blalbla can spare the temporary storage space for uncompressed video, then he can make the capture directly to AVI format without compression, and then use VirtualDub to convert those AVIs to new ones using XviD/DivX and MP3 compression for video and sound."

what is this possibly mean? use which software?
(12-22-2008, 03:29 AM)blabla Wrote: Yeeee? Dlanor????

"If blalbla can spare the temporary storage space for uncompressed video, then he can make the capture directly to AVI format without compression, and then use VirtualDub to convert those AVIs to new ones using XviD/DivX and MP3 compression for video and sound."

what is this possibly mean? use which software?

FRAPS. The video it captures is uncompressed, ie humongously big. Something like 1 gigabit per second.
The idea is to capture at full quality, even if it means emulating at slow speeds. You can then go at it with much better compression using other tools, significantly dropping the file size at the expense of processing time.

There is no magical solution that will let you capture at full-seed while also maintaining perfect quality. Compressing video is computationally hard, trying to run an emulator at the same time is a little much for almost all desktops.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(12-22-2008, 03:49 AM)echosierra Wrote: There is no magical solution that will let you capture at full-seed while also maintaining perfect quality. Compressing video is computationally hard, trying to run an emulator at the same time is a little much for almost all desktops.

But you can take advantage of PCSX only using 2 cores on a quad, you could use the remaining 2 cores for encoding real-time, which you can do using the VHScreenCap+VLC-solution I mentioned. Wink
I have to admit though, it's not quite as simple as FRAPS, no 1-click solution I'm afraid.