accelerate GSdx
@tsunami2311,
Quote: Your driver supports advance depth. Logz will be disabled
Hum I don't understand why logz was not disabled.

Anyway, I think effect is correct. It seems to be some shadows.

Here 2 screenshots, HW native and SW. They're very close

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(05-18-2015, 08:06 AM)gregory Wrote: @123_qwe,
3GH Haswell
=> 230 fps
=> nvidia option: +300 fps

Either the issue come from the Core. Or it requires a synchronization (mtgs waits). Those message are killer. Because PCSX2 asks GSdx to sync. GSdx ask the driver to sync. In short it is very slow.

I have a Core i5 ivy bridge and a a Nvidia Gt650 (non ti). I get 60fps almost everywhere but when i get to the end the first loop..framerate goes to 30fps.
The strange thing is that i can play almost every other game i have at good framerates.
Maybe wait for the 02 build of PCSX2.
02 won't change anythings.

I think, if you run the game with a dev build of PCSX2 and a release version of GSdx (dev is slow). You will see some "MTGS wait" error. Do you know if the windows version have also a slowdown? Check the EE/GS percentage at top of the window.
(05-18-2015, 12:06 PM)gregory Wrote: 02 won't change anythings.

I think, if you run the game with a dev build of PCSX2 and a release version of GSdx (dev is slow). You will see some "MTGS wait" error. Do you know if the windows version have also a slowdown? Check the EE/GS percentage at top of the window.

According to the wiki Windows version is ok. I said 02 because better optimized code in a thread is less prone to race conditions which seems imho what is happening here.
If i remember correctly on that section VU goes up to 90% -99% and GS up to 70%.
(05-18-2015, 12:06 PM)gregory Wrote: I think, if you run the game with a dev build of PCSX2 and a release version of GSdx (dev is slow). You will see some "MTGS wait" error. Do you know if the windows version have also a slowdown? Check the EE/GS percentage at top of the window.

the NFS: Most Wanted test i did above was with both release builds and had that error, only in OGL though
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

No MTGS on DX!

Well it is possible, I think openGL is still slower than DX. MT tricks allow to get more fps but the gl cmd fifo is likely not empty, + it generate an overhead. MTGS reads require to flush the GL cmd before accessing the data, whereas Dx have the data ready. Besides, I didn't optimize anything on this code path. If I only I could find where ogl is limited.

Globally for the speed, I'm curious if it would be possible to implement the Nvidia MT trick at GSdx level (maybe the GSRenderer DX/GL draws command)
* cons: lots of complex code
* advantage:
1/ work for everybody
2/ better split of the workload.
3/ maybe less overhead if we can group command (openGL requires 4/5 command to clean a buffer). This way it will be only one. Or nearly no overhead if we deport the full draws!
Sounds like you're gonna be busy Tongue

It's like a job creation scheme lol.

(05-18-2015, 01:33 PM)gregory Wrote: No MTGS on DX!

Well it is possible, I think openGL is still slower than DX. MT tricks allow to get more fps but the gl cmd fifo is likely not empty, + it generate an overhead. MTGS reads require to flush the GL cmd before accessing the data, whereas Dx have the data ready. Besides, I didn't optimize anything on this code path. If I only I could find where ogl is limited.

Globally for the speed, I'm curious if it would be possible to implement the Nvidia MT trick at GSdx level (maybe the GSRenderer DX/GL draws command)
* cons: lots of complex code
* advantage:
1/ work for everybody
2/ better split of the workload.
3/ maybe less overhead if we can group command (openGL requires 4/5 command to clean a buffer). This way it will be only one. Or nearly no overhead if we deport the full draws!

So my best bet would be synchronized MTGS plus new changes for NVIDIA?
Synchronized MTGS will slow you down greatly Tongue

(05-18-2015, 11:07 AM)gregory Wrote: @tsunami2311,
Hum I don't understand why logz was not disabled.

Anyway, I think effect is correct. It seems to be some shadows.

Here 2 screenshots, HW native and SW. They're very close

Edit I just deleted Gsdx.ini and tested again and those lines where gone. and switching from DX11 to Opengl back and forth dont make the lines come back. I guess the problem fixes it self after I deleted gsdx.ini not sure why though.

Guess only problem i can think of is GSDX shader not working in opengl at this point