address searching
since the recent PCSX2 doesn't seem to have its own address search, i use Cheat Engine 5.6.1 pointed at the Emulator window

is there a specific search method to correctly find addresses in the emulator?

im having no luck trying to find a credit address for Steel Lancer Arena International, a health address for Twisted Metal: Head-on, or a B-spec Driver Skill address for GT4

currently im using the unknown initial, and increase/decrease step searches and, everytime, the final search clears the entire list
"A celestial descends onto Earth to give advice.
Buuuut, for me they're all advice that can't be put to action."  -Tenshi Hinanawi

R5 5600x @ 3.8 GHz; 32GB 2666MHz; GA AX370-Gaming K5-CF; EVGA GTX 1070

Sponsored links

I'm plannning to write a guide for CE, I just haven't gotten to it yet. As for "a B-spec Driver Skill address for GT4" it's an on/off switch, you'll have a HARD time finding the addrerss for that

TM:HO has a SHORT (2byte) health value. I'll check the PSP one sometime and find another matching address and convert the code for you. (which means getting my hands on HO for PS2)
well i HAD HO for my psp till i lost it, with the game inside (damn thing had 3.93 M33-4 CFW too), then i got the extra-twisted edition for the ps2 (i really wish they did finish TM Black 2)

question how is the B-spec driver skill an on/off switch when the skill itself acts as a dynamic variable (increases after every race its used at)

also for SLAI, i found some of the addresses i was looking for as Action Replay codes, i converted them and posted them already but its incomplete as i need to find 4 more inf health codes, one for each of the 4 mod hardpoints

im gonna eventually buy another PSP, hack it (as i still have my mod battery) and load up the fixed project diva 2nd iso i have

btw....can u tell im experienced at hacking? xP i basically taught myself

offtopic: love the first line in ur sig LAWL
Buuuut, for me they're all advice that can't be put to action."  -Tenshi Hinanawi

my PSP is on 6.20 TN-C (I'm hoping D fixes a major bug) I own TM:Ho but I can't use CWcheats for it (love the bug..)

Each liscence is only activated after you pass a series of tests, yes? After you pass them all then it awards you the liscense, and is thus and on/off switch. (it's either there or it isn't)

for SLAI: that's the easy part.

and you taught yourself like I taught myself Tongue and thx. it's a quote from mythbusters
Since r4029
Quote: * EE and IOP main memory are now fixed at 0x20000000 and 0x24000000 -- useful
when using external cheat apps.
(03-02-2011, 07:17 PM)Saiki Wrote: my PSP is on 6.20 TN-C (I'm hoping D fixes a major bug) I own TM:Ho but I can't use CWcheats for it (love the bug..)

Each liscence is only activated after you pass a series of tests, yes? After you pass them all then it awards you the liscense, and is thus and on/off switch. (it's either there or it isn't)

for SLAI: that's the easy part.

and you taught yourself like I taught myself Tongue and thx. it's a quote from mythbusters

i said B-spec Driver Skill, not License Tests
u no, the feature that lets a NPC drive ur car FOR you?

note that im running r3878 and cant find any other recent build so that doesnt help much

ill keep trying my luck at it anyway

ah.. I haven't played GT4 in a while, sorry.

as for newer builds, you'll have to make them yourself
Well the starting address here for r3878 is 10015000 and if pcsx2 is still using 32mb,then the end will be 12015000
now THOSE values help, thnx vsub

no prob saiki, im sure to got other things ur working on anyway Wink

yea, several secret projects (non-coding) Tongue