again a pcsx2 lagging thread.. i guess
Hey folks....

I am very frustraded ...

I try to run the PCSX2 Emulator on my PC but it keeps lagging Sad i tried thousand of settings and plugins and stuff...

First of here are my pc specs:

AMD FX 4300 Quad Core 3,8GHZ
2 x 4 GB Kingston DDR3 Ram 1333Mhz
Geforce GTX 650 Oc Edition 2GB DDR5 Ram.
The HDD where the Emulator and Iso is sitting on is a 250GB with about 25GB Free Space.
I got Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit...
and i currently try to run Tekken 5.

My Current Settings/Plugins u can see in the attached files. Smile

I really hope u can help me fix the problem, i want to play some PS2 games so badly E:

//EDIT

Okay i found something, i went to Start->Msconfig and then unter the boot section i turned on 4 CPU'S that pretty much fixxed it i now only got stripes in my picture :x but i guess i can figure that out too... Laugh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Quote:Okay i found something, i went to Start->Msconfig and then unter the boot section i turned on 4 CPU'S

That wouldn't affect PCSX2(and windows uses all cores on boot by default, that place is only to set a LIMIT)

FX series is slow for PCSX2. To get good performance you need to OC to 4.2Ghz+
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
you could increase the vu and ee cyclerate to get a little speedup and try disabling and enabling mtvu to check which offer's more speed since, mtvu slows down some games.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Actually if he is playing the game ISO in his picture(Crash Bandicoot TWOC), MTVU DOES slow it down on FX chips. It's confirmed. So disable that.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Use the NVIDIA hack only when it's needed
Allow 8Bit Texture is also used only if it's needed
Using ASync audio from the SPU2-X settings will also give you more speed
VU Stealing can give you more speed but in some cases you will see some negative effects
(12-13-2014, 02:02 AM)mixpimp Wrote: Okay i found something, i went to Start->Msconfig and then unter the boot section i turned on 4 CPU'S that pretty much fixxed it i now only got stripes in my picture :x but i guess i can figure that out too... Laugh

Did you really just admit finding some charlatan's advice to messing with the boot options and went through with it?

That boot option is hidden away for a reason, because it controls the amount of PHYSICAL processors, not the amount of cores active within your current one.
Ever wondered to yourself why the heck you'd have to find some obscure setting like that to use all the cores? No? Glare

That setting's only meant to be used for hardware that allows you to install more than 1 processor per motherboard. You SHOULDN'T touch it.
Quote:That wouldn't affect PCSX2(and windows uses all cores on boot by default, that place is only to set a LIMIT)

FX series is slow for PCSX2. To get good performance you need to OC to 4.2Ghz+

Oh okay :X turned it off again.
And wtf.. Sad how much i need to run this freakin emulator xD ...

I am not that much into OC... im scared to burn my hardware :X
I got the MSI 760gm-p23 FX Mainboard, and MSI got a software called Control Center where u can do OC Profiles (see attached screen) i now set it to gaming, is it safe do go even higher? :/ its overclocked now from 3,8 to 4,0ish~ so 0,2ghz, is 0,4 safe? Wacko

Quote:you could increase the vu and ee cyclerate to get a little speedup and try disabling and enabling mtvu to check which offer's more speed since, mtvu slows down some games.

Okay, i will try that and keep that in mind too!

Quote:Actually if he is playing the game ISO in his picture(Crash Bandicoot TWOC), MTVU DOES slow it down on FX chips. It's confirmed. So disable that.

i try to run Tekken 5 (as i said in my first post x) ) crash bandicoot worked prefectly fine Wacko but ty i will keep that in mind too!

Quote:Use the NVIDIA hack only when it's needed
Allow 8Bit Texture is also used only if it's needed
Using ASync audio from the SPU2-X settings will also give you more speed
VU Stealing can give you more speed but in some cases you will see some negative effects

Alright, will keep that in mind too and try it !

And for Coornio, im sry^^ i did.
turned it off again

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-13-2014, 04:08 PM)mixpimp Wrote: Oh okay :X turned it off again.
And wtf.. Sad how much i need to run this freakin emulator xD ...
you are facing this problem because, the single thread performance of AMD is quite low compared to intel. you can get a Intel pentium g3258 and oc it around 4.2ghz and you will be quite good for most games Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
yea i would like to have an intel more then amd but sadly the mainboard is for amd cpus Sad but well i tried the advices i got now, and tekken, crash bandicoot and dragonball sayan saga all are working fine now. so ty for that Smile hope every other game i try will work fine too. thanks guys Smile
(12-13-2014, 04:39 PM)mixpimp Wrote: yea i would like to have an intel more then amd but sadly the mainboard is for amd cpus Sad but well i tried the advices i got now, and tekken, crash bandicoot and dragonball sayan saga all are working fine now. so ty for that Smile hope every other game i try will work fine too. thanks guys Smile

Yeah to be fair the FX series has some of the worst single-thread performance ratings of any modern CPU series and since PCSX2 relies on that, you'll need to overclock quite a bit to catch up Tongue