all GTA san andreas save from the web are corrupted
Hi,

I tried to search on this forum and other forum on the web for this problem but I can not find the exact same case of mine.

I Have a very weird problem that i'm trying to debug with pcsx2 (1.4.0 AND 1.6.0): I am unable to usave any save with gta san andreas both 1.03 version and 3.00 version.

I have my personnal 100% save file of gta san andraes on my black official memory card in my ps2. This save is working on my black OEM sony 8MB memory card. But the same save doesn't work in pcsx2.

So I tried to downlaod all the .max save for north america from gamefaqs. These are the steps that I done in this exact order:

1- I downlaod .max save (from my personnal memory card AND gamefaqs) to my PC
2- I created a new memory card (named test1) in pcsx2 (both 1.4.0 and 1.60)
3- I formatted this new memcard in pcsx2
4- I opened the test1.ps2 with mymc
5- I put any of the .max save from gamefaqs (I did the same thing with my personnal save) in mymc and closed it
6- I started pcsx2, put the test1.ps2 with the .max save on it in memcard slot 1, boot gta san andreas 

and BAM, ALL of these saves that I am able to find on the internet are corrupted, no matter of the game version of GTA san andreas i used, no matter the pcsx2 version I used, no matter what save I used, every god damn game save are corrupted.  Ohmy

What I am missing? I tried also to use folder memory card insted of .ps2 files and samething happen, all of the save I can find online AND my personnal save are corrupted. But I am able to use them on my physical memory card on my ps2.

Important note: I made also a total backup of my memory card to my PC, and every savegame of this memcard backup works well with pcsx2. And I really doubt that all of the 16 .max save that I found on game faqs are all corrupted, so I think the problem is on my side or with pcsx2. That is the only game that I have this kind of  issue on pcsx2.

Are you able do use .max save file of GTA san andreas from PlayStation2 Max Drive Save (North America) of game faqs with pcsx2 if you try it today?

Can someone is able to help me to make a save working with pcsx2 for gta san andraes please? I'm sad that I can not use my personnal save, but at this point, I'm open to use any save from anyone. I just don't have the time to redone this game to 100% again.

thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my physical game of GTA SA is the first version (the one with hot coffee), relased in 2004 for ps2. It's not a pirated version, I bought it brand new in store in 2004. I have also the greatest hits and spedcial edition of the game. I know that there is compatibility issue betwen v1 and these 2 other edition but you can trust me, I used the right saves for the right version of the game.

Sponsored links

Hi guys,

I found the problem. PCSX2 1.4.0 and 1.6.0 seem not to be able to read .max save format og gta san andreas game save. All previous corrupted save that I mentionned works well in the .xps format. Where can Is it the right place to post this issue?

Thank you