annoying lines
is there a way to get rid of these lines i play with x4 resolution and most of the games i play have problems with text like that is there a way to hide that or remove it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

same problem in xenosaga, tried all, only removed by software mode
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
For me it seems those lines are lessened in DX11. Still there but it looks much better.
well i am using dx11 still as you can see
it's a side effect you get when using a higher res than native.
Nothing you can do about it.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah but the problem is its so much pixellated in native, its not the same when you play on a real console, there must be something to do about it.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
i agree with Coma it looks different in pcsx2 in native than it did for the console and i know it's a side effect i was just hoping something could be done about it.
oh well :/
The reason it doesn't look so bad on an actual PS2 is that older TVs tend to soften up the image and games back then were made with that in mind.
(02-14-2014, 02:55 AM)Coma Wrote: Yeah but the problem is its so much pixellated in native, its not the same when you play on a real console, there must be something to do about it.
As metalmallow said, this is just a feeling you get. A kind of "cheap optical illusion"

Old CRT TVs have a low resolution and a low refresh rate compared to nowaday's PC screens or HD TVs.
But native resolution, as its name means it, is how it looks like on your PS2.
And no, nothing can be done about it.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yes I know unfortunately, what I meant its it looks better on a old TV when its near unplayable on a lcd.
The only solution is to do a remake of the game, I guess its the same for stretched UI in 4:3 adapted to 16:9.