any one else using a dell XPS 420 2.4 Q6600?
I am trying to run software mode for GSdx. Each version is improving my FPS but not by a lot, playing shadow hearts 2, i run software mode and can get any where from 30-40 FPS, which isnt bad but still you can feel the slowness still.

In hardware mode there is a graphics bug when in combat but thats for another topic. So any way any one else out there with a XPS 420 with a Q6600 2.4 processor, we can not overclock since its a dell but has any one else been getting sluggish FPS in software mode or is it just me Tongue

Sponsored links

software mode, as i understand, is much slower in general than hardware mode. try, if you havent already, raising the amount of threads you are using in the graphics options for pcsx2.

ill warn you though, i was using three threads on this i7 chip to reach full speeds in software, meaning no slowdowns at all ever Tongue2

i think its best to get your hardware mode working. Smile
CPU : i7 4930k @ 4.0GHz
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8x8GB 1603MHz 1.60v
GPU : Asus R9 290X 4GB
MOBO: Asus Rampage Extreme IV
OSYS: Windows 10 Pro
(04-12-2009, 03:26 AM)unauthorizedlogin Wrote: software mode, as i understand, is much slower in general than hardware mode. try, if you havent already, raising the amount of threads you are using in the graphics options for pcsx2.

ill warn you though, i was using three threads on this i7 chip to reach full speeds in software, meaning no slowdowns at all ever Tongue2

i think its best to get your hardware mode working. Smile

LOl wish I knew about the threads, I kept it only at 1.