any way to speed up my fps in final fantasy X?
sorry, i posted them up now.

i did try them then i switched it back, sorry about that.

anything else??? is my computer to low to run at full settings?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Hmm it is most probably your processor speed yes, how often do your FPS drop? Try setting scaler to 2x just in case those points are very GPU intensive and max out your graphics card.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
it drops at some scenes and places such as the first village u go to kilika. I'll try it thanks.

if anyone else has any suggestions please share
o-v-e-r-c-l-o-c-k-i-n-g, have a look at my specs in my sys-profile

i got the same cpu, if you got one with a good built quality and if you got a decent motherboard, give it a try.

edit: yeah, you cant know anything about the built quality if you havent overlocked it yet, but still, give it a try.
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps

Well I wanted to overclock as well, its just that I cant find a a suitable PSU to power up an after market cooler(coz most if not all computer shops here dont sell it).>.<
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT
I'm running FFX at 60, and I'm on 2.2ghz, it can't be the processor
are you running it at 60 fps at all times? if so can you list your settings

also i don't know anything about overclocking im to much of a pansy to ruin my computer, hahaha
VU cycle stealing works incredibly effective for me, that alone is enough to give me the framerate I need whereas EE cycle rate hacks are not effective enough alone.

Also, you can run the game up to an internal res of 2048x1536 without problems (My 8600GT has no issues with that resolution) so I am doubting your card is the bottleneck.

On SPU-2X set it to nearest audio processing and async mix instead of timestretch.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
(09-25-2010, 02:15 AM)immortalz Wrote: are you running it at 60 fps at all times? if so can you list your settings

also i don't know anything about overclocking im to much of a pansy to ruin my computer, hahaha

all times except for demi, as of last check (demi is EVIL..) I'll post my config later
(09-26-2010, 04:02 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(09-25-2010, 02:15 AM)immortalz Wrote: are you running it at 60 fps at all times? if so can you list your settings

all times except for demi, as of last check (demi is EVIL..) I'll post my config later

Demi IS in fact very evil. I get frame drops from 55-60 FPS to a mere 20-30 FPS, but it's only for like 3 1/2 short seconds before the framerate rises again.

Remember that PCSX2 has to dynamically recompile and basically 'translate' the EE and VU [PS2 machine] code to Assembly (x86 Machine Code). If it was somewhat difficult for the PS2 to 'handle' or if it is just plain difficult to recompile and execute efficiently then you will see the result.

The hardest games to emulate run about 15-30 FPS on my processor (like MGS3), so I'm guessing they are the most difficult for PCSX2 to dynamically recompile and execute efficiently.

Full floating point accuracy for the EE and VU recs (Rounding chop/zero and clamp at extra+ preserve sign and full) without speedhacks drops my framerate to nearly the same speed as MGS3 with FFX.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin