audio is broken
im currently playing persona games, the game runs well, with fps 60-90. but the audio is running too fast and when its loading, the fps suddenly changed to 25-35 and the audio cracks. what am i supposed to do?

Computer : Pentium® Dual-Core CPU
E5400 @2.70 GHz. 2.70 GHz, 1 GB of RAM

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The machine is weak to play most PS2 emulated games I fear. Hence your report indicates you have pushed everything to limit, from EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing as every other thing supposed to help gaining speed. Believe me, they were never meant to be used at max other than in total despair and not all at once as well...

But to work correctly the game must play at constant 50FPS for PAL games or 60FPS for NTCS games. being above (or bellow) these standards means all kind of breaks indeed, as yourself reported, it's not a fail from the emulation in this case, just the machine is not able to keep up the emulation without so many and excessive hacks.

Sorry I can't help with specifics on this game or even to say if any setup will help in this case. Let's hope someone has means to give you that more specific information.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Specs : Pentium® Dual Core CPU E5400 2.7 GHz 1GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2.

Im using PCSX 0.9.8
Video Settings Interlacing : Blend bff
Custom resolution : 720x720
Allow 8-bit textures

Playing Persona 3 FES from DVD
Quote:Im using PCSX 0.9.8
old and unsupported. update pcsx2
Quote:Playing Persona 3 FES from DVD
make an iso out of your DVD.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Try the following:

audio mode=async mix (runs the audio emulation at constant speed regardless if video emulation is too slow or too fast)
enable framelimiting (F4)
play from ISO instead of DVD