back to square one
hello again evryone,i have downloaded the new version pcsx2 1.0.0 and it's truly awesome :o it made some sort of auto configuration and detection.
but ! it's still as slow as the 0.9.7,the 0.9.8 and 0.9.9.
furthermore,i tried a while ago download the r-1888 build,since it worked so well on my pc and had excellent fps on DBZ budokai tenkaishi 3 (always arround 60 fps with a few slow downs,no speedhacks or what so ever), and i had the same problem i had with the other versions,which brings us back to square one,which is like many have suggested:
there's a high chance that there's something wrong in the settings or pulgins. (check this old thread i made here for more info: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-the-soft-...or-my-case)
here's the soft log as well as the pics of the configuration of pulgins and other features:

PCSX2 1.0.0.r5350 - compiled on Aug 1 2012
Savestate version: 0x9a080000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Physical RAM = 2047 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 0A)
CPU speed = 2.786 ghz (2 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0408e3bd
x86EFlags = 20100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\gsdx32-ssse3-r5350.dll
Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3 3.0)
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (6.14.12.7061)
Binding PAD: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\lilypad-r5350.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\spu2-x-r5350.dll
(GameDB) 9640 games on record (loaded in 237ms)
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

i know what you guys are gonna say,that my gpu is too weak,but i sadly have no money to spend on a new gpu (paid a 100$ for it back in 2010 -_-),and besides if there's still hope to solve this problem so yeah. just for your info,unlike last time,my gpu driver have been updated and the graphics became more fluid with most of the games i played (like skyrim),not sure about the microsoft visual 2010 c++ redistritbutable which appears to be more recent than the one included in the installation pack (10.0.40219) or if there's anything that need to be updated :/

ty all for your time and i hope i'll hear from you soon Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

The newer PCSX2 versions will offer higher compability and options, but it doesn't magically speed up your PC's emulation power. Being to run PC games smoothly is totally different from running a PS2 emulator. Your CPU and GPU is simply too weak to run it on smooth speeds.

The settings you posted are pretty much the standard settings for running DBZ:BT3. The only thing you can do is mess with the EE/VU Cycle speedhacks. You could try enabling MTVU and see if it has any effects (which I doubt, but try anyway).
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
DX9 is very slow for this game, if you had Win Vista or 7, this hardware probably would be enough to play at native res at full or near full speed(thanks to DX10 which is way faster in this game;]), but with win XP, you haven't got much to do to get more fps.

Also before you start wondering about something here being wrong, older GSdx versions were running better/faster for weak/old gpu's couse all those fixes that made graphics better, plugin more stable etc. made it also slower, soo you cannot get both speed and new features on your current setup.

You could also try using frame skipping(config>emulation settings>GS>frame skipping), if you care only about speed for example 1 frame to draw then 2 to skip should triple your speed, but personally I think it isn't really worth making the animation all choppy(actual fps decreases;]), looses the original feeling;P, fast action games should have smooth animations imo soo it's kind of option for desperate people only;].
(08-21-2012, 05:29 PM)PyroBunta Wrote: The newer PCSX2 versions will offer higher compability and options, but it doesn't magically speed up your PC's emulation power. Being to run PC games smoothly is totally different from running a PS2 emulator. Your CPU and GPU is simply too weak to run it on smooth speeds.

The settings you posted are pretty much the standard settings for running DBZ:BT3. The only thing you can do is mess with the EE/VU Cycle speedhacks. You could try enabling MTVU and see if it has any effects (which I doubt, but try anyway).
i do know that,but for some reason when i had the r-1888 build,DBZ:BT3 was almost flawless,then i reformated my pc and tried to install it again but i didn't get the same result.what i'm trying to do here is to found what made pcsx2 that fast,which is most probably a software thingy.
and besides,changing the gpu would proove most challenging for my wallet XD
so yeah i'd love to investigate this more Tongue2
(08-21-2012, 08:54 PM)miseru99 Wrote: DX9 is very slow for this game, if you had Win Vista or 7, this hardware probably would be enough to play at native res at full or near full speed(thanks to DX10 which is way faster in this game;]), but with win XP, you haven't got much to do to get more fps.

Also before you start wondering about something here being wrong, older GSdx versions were running better/faster for weak/old gpu's couse all those fixes that made graphics better, plugin more stable etc. made it also slower, soo you cannot get both speed and new features on your current setup.

You could also try using frame skipping(config>emulation settings>GS>frame skipping), if you care only about speed for example 1 frame to draw then 2 to skip should triple your speed, but personally I think it isn't really worth making the animation all choppy(actual fps decreases;]), looses the original feeling;P, fast action games should have smooth animations imo soo it's kind of option for desperate people only;].
hmm i see :o that makes sense i suppose. after all,debugging itself need quite some resources on it's own and that includes some emulators (like desmume 0.9.7,i'm a DS freak XD)
i wonder if replacing the GSdx by an older version would do the trick ? :o
and yes i did notice that even wimp gpu's can give more with windows 7 and DX10. heck,even by just updating my gpu driver i managed to gain considerable fps with many games (especially skyrim)
thanks again guys ^^