bad stutter
Hi, I would like to say this is a very nice emulator and it works very well for me other than this one problem.

Every few seconds the game (all games I've tried) stutters, where it goes from the usual 60FPS to 0 for a split second, its very annoying and I have no idea why it does this. I've tried using many different combination of settings but it still does this. I did notice that when I put the process priority from high to normal it lowered the amount of times this happens but it still happens far to much.

My specs are AMD 6400+ 3.2GHz, ATi 3870, 4GB DD2 800 ram.

also I do have a bad issue with the pre-rendered video playback, in games such as FFX, kingdom hearts, I get around 35-50FPS so they are almost unwatchable (yet ODDLY I get no video stutter while watching these)

Sponsored links

Are you running the games from the original disc? If so try making an ISO of the disc and run it with the Linuz ISO cdvd plugin. If not running from disc please show us your pcsx2 version and settings so we can help better.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(02-27-2010, 04:55 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Are you running the games from the original disc? If so try making an ISO of the disc and run it with the Linuz ISO cdvd plugin. If not running from disc please show us your pcsx2 version and settings so we can help better.

[Image: settings.jpg]

This is what I am currently using, but I've tried many different settings with the same problem. At first I used the disc, and thought maybe that was the reason, so I made a ISO of the disk but the same thing was happening
First use the ISO file instead of the disc, by selecting the Linuz ISO plugin as a CDVD plugin and configuring it to run your ISO file
Second, disable all speed hacks
Third, lower the GSdx internal resolution, your graphics card is weak and will not be able to handle the load. Try something like 800x600 (this does not affect the size of your window)
[Image: newsig.jpg]