best codecs and settings for recording
i'm using the default PCSX2 recorder.

i'm trying to record a 60 FPS 1080p MSAA X8 and FXAA

i want settings and encodes that do the following :

-high compression
-low loss / loss less Quality

Note : have a new features that improves Graphics even further in PCSX2 and i'm not using it ?

Sponsored links

What specs u got?

X264 is by far the best codec in terms of quality/compression

Just a word of notice. Any form of compression will lead to some quality loss but it can be minimised
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB
I3 4130 3.4 GHz

GTX 750 Ti Super clocked.
I wouldn't use the built in recorder, unless you have a special need to. Even FRAPS will have less of a performance hit. Bandicam won't have any performance hit at all. And since your CPU is weak compared to your GPU, I would recommend using GPU recording solution like Bandicam or similar.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah, the internal recorder is pretty heavy
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Shadowplay is far better than Bandicam CUDA stuff. It makes no miracles but take a look.
Raptr is better than Bandicam too. But neither Raptr nor ShadowPlay support PCSX2 natively. Raptr can't record it at all, and Shadowplay has to use desktop recording mode which Nobbs says is really crappy.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Shadowplay kind of has some assy results with the desktop capture
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Guys i'm recording in 4k or 1080p ( or both )

please suggest GPU friendly codecs.
This should actually be in Hardware/software Smile I mostly used the CCCP Codec pack, but with VLC you don't need one bit for playback atleast.