best device
I apologise if this is in the wrong section of the forum. I am wondering what the best device is to run the pcsx2 emulator + run games at a reasonable frame rate. I would prefer a handheld device as i would be playing this in my lunch break at work  Laugh, thank you in advance. I have heard that windows tablets run this emulator ok?

Sponsored links

You're right, this is the wrong section, but you were close! Tongue I'll move it to the main general discussion
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-05-2017, 10:13 PM)spiraffx Wrote: I apologise if this is in the wrong section of the forum. I am wondering what the best device is to run the pcsx2 emulator + run games at a reasonable frame rate. I would prefer a handheld device as i would be playing this in my lunch break at work  Laugh, thank you in advance. I have heard that windows tablets run this emulator ok?

None of the portable windows tablets have a strong enough to run PCSX2 ...... except maybe the Surface Pro lineup, but even then you are looking at thermal limits and low power varients of i5/i7 procesors that would be able to handle at best the low demanding games and maybe the moderate titles.

Really the "u" lineup of i5/i7 processors is not the best to use for heavily CPU dependent applications (like modern system emulators).  Anything less (like the atom series/ core m series) would just be even worse.