best/"normal" compression with pcsx2 recorder?
yeah that's what happens. but if you want to record again in the same session, then you MUST press it twice and that's where things get screwed up. so you will have to exit the pcsx2, move the recording.wav to another folder and then start recordin again with a different filename for the .avi otherwise it will just replace it.

is there any way to change the name of recording.wav to i.e recording2.wav if one wants to record another video in the same pcsx2 session or does one have to do what i mentioned above??

Sponsored links

Well, if you choose ZeroSPU2 as sound plugin it gets named as zerospu2.wav but I doubt that's what you meant ;p
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
hehe true true. not what i meant but nevermind that now. it doesnt matter really Wink

darn it! one problem AGAIN! whenever i record the output .avi file is @ 60fps! every single time! during the recording it displays 50fps in the pcsx2 window throughout the entire recording process, but when i first open the recorded .avi a media player i can clearly see the video is much faster than it should be while the audio is completely normal and thus desynched with the video. ok, so i go into virtudaldub -> video -> frame rate... and i can see that the video is 60fps...... why does it keep recording the .avi in 60fps while the audio is normal and thus desynched with the 60fps video?! what settings do i have to change in order to make the pcsx2 record videos in 50fps? since im using 0.96 (yes, yes, will change to a newer soon), where do i change the settings so it records the video in 50fps?
You can always just tell virtual dub to change the framerate, I had to do that for a couple games Tongue2
yeah but doesn't that make the video desynch with the audio??
Not if you know what the framerate should be exactly, in this case 50/60 no?
Yeah, it should be 50fps. not 60fps.