best settings for my specs?
AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.60 GHz
Nvidia Geforce GT 240
Ram 6GB

ive been playing ff12 and so far its "playable" just gets slow and my fps drop to 30-40 from 55-60 during fights and stuff. just wondering if theres any settings for my video card or inside pcsx2 that im missing.

plugins/settings
http://imgur.com/a/7O6vh/pcsx2_settings

Sponsored links

Try enabling some speedhacks.

What's the settings on the graphics plugin? When you get the slowdown what do the EE/GS % numbers in the game window say?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
The "best settings" for any specs include Speedhacks, assuming that's "best" for speed. Just checking the [Recommended] ones can make a big difference. Smile
(09-20-2010, 02:13 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try enabling some speedhacks.

What's the settings on the graphics plugin? When you get the slowdown what do the EE/GS % numbers in the game window say?

EE hovers around 80-95% and GS never goes past 30-40% but idk what either of those mean unless its how hard those plugins are working idk.

Graphics Plugin
Direct3D 10/11 Hardware
Native Res
I left 8 bit textures unchecked.
(09-20-2010, 04:02 AM)Rezard Wrote: The "best settings" for any specs include Speedhacks, assuming that's "best" for speed. Just checking the [Recommended] ones can make a big difference. Smile

so true, the recommend ones are my "standard speedhack config" Tongue
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
(09-20-2010, 08:07 PM)fingers Wrote: EE hovers around 80-95% and GS never goes past 30-40% but idk what either of those mean unless its how hard those plugins are working idk.

Means your slowdown is CPU, you can try some speedhacks (start with the recommended ones first) as I said before and also try changing the EE/VU clamp modes to none as well as setting the VUs to superVU, all this might give you a speedup but can also reduce compatibility so it's up to you to use them or not.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64