Sponsored links

0.9.5svn377/GSdx_latest/PEOPS SPU2 plugin
CPU@2,6-3.2Ghz/geforce 8600-8800
(02-02-2009, 04:28 AM)Kein Wrote: ...
0.9.5svn377/GSdx_latest/PEOPS SPU2 plugin
CPU@2,6-3.2Ghz/geforce 8600-8800
thanks!
is that an old rls?
Yes that old 0.95 beta svn.377, that no playground.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
0.9.5-377 is not that good for FFXII as can be seen here : http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3093.html...ight=FFXII

Playground version also has issues (different ones).
It works much faster for me. Also, it's pretty stable with FF12.
did you try the barheim passage as mentioned in the thread I linked? Doesn't look too stable.

As for speed, if you use the _latest_ PG beta and enable _all_ advanced options, the speed should be the same or about the same. .. Unless you had some heavy speedhacks on in the 0.9.5 version?
Latest GSDX should provide good speed with 90% accurate graphics; during the Doctor Cid fights only you will see some shadow corruption coming from his minions and I think the end boss as well. I think if you turn off the texture filter option it eliminates the vertical lines that run down their faces. A couple notes on this plugin though: make sure if you have vista to run it in dx10 mode, for some reason it likes that better, also make sure the internal resolution matches your full screen resolution or you will see some not so fun artifacts with anything higher.

For the sound plugin, ZeroSPU2 will give you all the sounds in the cutscenes and accurate footsteps (not that bleep stuff although I haven't tried that game out in a while so SPU2GHZ might have the issue resolved). Peops gives the best sound while using the threaded option, but incredibly annoying skipping for the FMV's. ZeroSPU2 will give fluid movement through the movies just lower quality sound. Unfortunetly, it's a give and take with this game as far as sound plugins.

MTGS enabled of course, limit or normal your choice; speedhacks are dependant on your system. Technically, the game runs fine with no speedhacks on, but there are some fight scenes and depending on your internal resolution that might cause some slowdowns. If you need it, x2 cycle rate should be more than enough IMHO.

Advanced options are where I found problems. The flush to zero options checked will provide a good speed boost and for the most part should be ok, although I can't tell if the crashings I experienced near endgame were emu related or me toying around with the round and clamp mode so be warned.

Should be good to play from start to finish with 50-60 FPS on a mid-high end compute'. If you need any more tips or have questions feel free to ask. I personally have 60+ hours in this game with an older SVN revision start to finish no problems.

BTW always use the latest SVN that you can get your hands on or else you'll run into pixalation issues, I think, could be wrong lol.
(02-02-2009, 05:11 AM)Nneeve Wrote: did you try the barheim passage as mentioned in the thread I linked? Doesn't look too stable.

As for speed, if you use the _latest_ PG beta and enable _all_ advanced options, the speed should be the same or about the same. .. Unless you had some heavy speedhacks on in the 0.9.5 version?

I mean: no crashes. These artifacts in Barheim apperas only there.

Don't get in wrong, I have nothing against pg-version Tongue