best version for these games?
how come your CPU isn't overclocked? You bought a K model Tongue

We can't tell you if it's your settings unless you show us your settings.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

i havent attempted it yet as i dont no were to start or what to aim for. i dont want to stress my pc if i dont have to. first time using this chip and motherboard.

Emulator settings
EE/IOP
Recompiler, Recompiler, Chop/zero Normal

VUs
MicroVU Recompiler, MicroVU Recompiler, Chop/Zero, Normal

Speedhacks
EE 3
VU 1
everything checked but fast DVD.

Gsdx settings

gtx 1080

openGL

interlace - auto

TF - bilinear Ps2

Large framebuffer
custom 3840 2160
AF - 16x
Mipmapping - Basic
CRC Hack - Automatic
Blending unit - High
ok put the EE speedhack back to the default settings, that will do you more harm than good and you don't really need them on that computer.

Disable Large Framebuffer on GSDX, that will slow you down for no reason.

Did MTVU actually make the game faster for you or slower?

(05-29-2017, 03:39 AM)refraction Wrote: ok put the EE speedhack back to the default settings, that will do you more harm than good and you don't really need them on that computer.

i found that setting the EE higher made the game run better. that for me was the main speedup. im not sure about the rest i will test and report back. .thanks
(05-29-2017, 03:39 AM)refraction Wrote: ok put the EE speedhack back to the default settings, that will do you more harm than good and you don't really need them on that computer.

ok i can confirm that setting EE to 1 and enabling MTVU seems to give better performance.  In this perticuler area it makes the emulator run at solid 100%.  if i set EE to anything above 0 without enabling the MTVU  the emulator fluctuates from 70% to 100% and resorts in fps lose. . but im still getting some weird stutter in my frame rate still. i also found that i have to set HW hackes   (normal vertex) on to get proper graphics in this game. anything els i can try to get better performance?
ok i got to the 3rd fight and the emulator dose not perform at 100% it runs worse like 50% and audio becomes slow. when looking at the giant..i dunno what to do..iv seen people with videos on youtube showing them playing this part in the game and they have no stutter or fps loss what so ever ..running at 4k..yet for me im getting horrible performance..any idea why?
ok things you could try

-Drop the resolution down, try using the Native x# scaling, somewhere around x3 should look pretty decent but not be so demanding
-Try with AF disabled, maybe try the "Allow 8 bit texture" option, but make sure AF is disabled before you toggle this as it disables AF and could show a false improvement in speed if you are comparing it to AF x16.
-Try lowering the Blending Accuracy to medium, the light will be a bit more overpowering but it might run faster
-Try disabling MipMapping, I don't think this game uses it but I don't know if you will have any performance impact from it being on.

as for your stutter in framerate, do you mean it just looks choppy all the time? Because that is a result of the VU Cycle Stealing speedhack, not much you can do about that unless you want a lower framerate!

Oh one other thing, I'm not sure what version of the emulator you are using, if you are using 1.4.0, I believe there was a problem with Skylake CPU's, not sure if it also affects Kabylake, so it could be worth trying a newer version from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

Just be sure if you overwrite your existing version of PCSX2, you also delete the plugins folder first to make sure you aren't stuck using an old GSDX (there have been a bunch of improvements to compatibility and speed since 1.4.0)

(05-29-2017, 08:34 PM)refraction Wrote: ok things you could try

-Drop the resolution down, try using the Native x# scaling, somewhere around x3 should look pretty decent but not be so demanding
-Try with AF disabled, maybe try the "Allow 8 bit texture" option, but make sure AF is disabled before you toggle this as it disables AF and could show a false improvement in speed if you are comparing it to AF x16.
-Try lowering the Blending Accuracy to medium, the light will be a bit more overpowering but it might run faster
-Try disabling MipMapping, I don't think this game uses it but I don't know if you will have any performance impact from it being on.

as for your stutter in framerate, do you mean it just looks choppy all the time? Because that is a result of the VU Cycle Stealing speedhack, not much you can do about that unless you want a lower framerate!

Oh one other thing, I'm not sure what version of the emulator you are using, if you are using 1.4.0, I believe there was a problem with Skylake CPU's, not sure if it also affects Kabylake, so it could be worth trying a newer version from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

Just be sure if you overwrite your existing version of PCSX2, you also delete the plugins folder first to make sure you aren't stuck using an old GSDX (there have been a bunch of improvements to compatibility and speed since 1.4.0)

thanks. what i dont get though is im seeing videos on youtube of someone playing this game in the same area as i am at 4k at 60fps and  and its completely smooth but for me its a framing mess. as for the stutter its not all the time its just sometimes when im looking around. its like a judder sometimes its very smooth and then it just judders. its annoying. it happens in the cutseen at the beginning if you let the menu play.  when the horse is running around. could it be a problem with the verssion I'm using  I'm using 1.5.0-dev-2103-ge8f35f0 by jonathan Li
Don't be deceived by videos. If they recorded them directly from GSDX, they could have been running at 2fps, the resulting video would still be 60fps solid.

As for the judder, I'm not too sure, it would be interesting if something spams the console window when that happens (of course you'll have to enable the console window in the menu first Tongue)

From what I can tell, you're talking about MGS2. I haven't played this game in a while, but tried playing it again. I'm using 3x IR with the OpenGL HW renderer. The intro played perfectly fine for me, even at 5x IR. Once in game, it ran a solid 100% at 3x IR, but would dip to 94% sometimes if I increased it beyond that. I did not suffer from any stuttering problems in the intro or in game. I'm using a recent GIT build of PCSX2
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM