beta vs official
(09-26-2009, 02:46 AM)nataq01 Wrote: and i didint had a single memcard or savestate corruption, i think there are no problems with data corruption with this emulator ;p

Great that you didnt have any problem with it, but doesnt change the fact that they are there and can happen to anyone at anytime :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

(09-26-2009, 02:46 AM)nataq01 Wrote: im using 64mb memcards.

100+ hours in persona 3
100+ hours in persona 4
60 hours in FFX
60 hours in FFXII
92 hours in Tales of the Abyss
20 hours in Dragon Quests
15 Hours in Disgaea
LOLMUCH hours in Tekken 4 and Budokai 3

and i didint had a single memcard or savestate corruption, i think there are no problems with data corruption with this emulator ;p

about the crashes... it depends on a game Tongue but in my case crashes ware rare and i didint had any crash that would make the game impossible to finish.

You're wrong. There are 2000+ games out there and we already know of several that don't even save on 64mb memcards. Many also don't detect them and even more corrupt them. Just because it worked with 10 games doesn't tell us anything really Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
well then i'll just have to play more games and posta again ;p
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
(09-26-2009, 11:32 AM)Bositman Wrote:
(09-26-2009, 02:46 AM)nataq01 Wrote: im using 64mb memcards.

100+ hours in persona 3
100+ hours in persona 4
60 hours in FFX
60 hours in FFXII
92 hours in Tales of the Abyss
20 hours in Dragon Quests
15 Hours in Disgaea
LOLMUCH hours in Tekken 4 and Budokai 3

and i didint had a single memcard or savestate corruption, i think there are no problems with data corruption with this emulator ;p

about the crashes... it depends on a game Tongue but in my case crashes ware rare and i didint had any crash that would make the game impossible to finish.

You're wrong. There are 2000+ games out there and we already know of several that don't even save on 64mb memcards. Many also don't detect them and even more corrupt them. Just because it worked with 10 games doesn't tell us anything really Tongue

But are u saying that for these known games that corrupt, it does on beta only and not 0.9.6? If on both then it doesn't matter which I use(but if not then it does) and nataq thanks for list, it gave me enough proof as u spent so many hours.
It was said before:
The memory cards are stable on 0.9.6 and on the beta. Just remember to do a backup once in a while.
(09-26-2009, 11:34 AM)nataq01 Wrote: well then i'll just have to play more games and posta again ;p

Again even if they work for you perfectly it doesnt mean it will for everybody else, i've got plenty memcard corruption and save states in both betas and stable, in fact the 0.9.6 stable tends to corrupt my Grandia III savestates a lot more than any beta has and I even expect them when I play different games. I even got a couple "corrupted" save in my memcard showing in the BIOS that I never figured out where they were from cause at that time I didnt keep many backups (but I still keep them in the memcard just in case they get readable again lol) Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-26-2009, 08:19 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote:
(09-26-2009, 11:34 AM)nataq01 Wrote: well then i'll just have to play more games and posta again ;p

Again even if they work for you perfectly it doesnt mean it will for everybody else, i've got plenty memcard corruption and save states in both betas and stable, in fact the 0.9.6 stable tends to corrupt my Grandia III savestates a lot more than any beta has and I even expect them when I play different games. I even got a couple "corrupted" save in my memcard showing in the BIOS that I never figured out where they were from cause at that time I didnt keep many backups (but I still keep them in the memcard just in case they get readable again lol) Tongue

I too got some memcard corrupted entries when I looked in bios 2 days ago, dunno from which game they came. Was using 0.9.6 that time. Now running latest beta second day and playing Genji. Once it happened yesterday that upon save-state load I got freeze, it showed inventory but music was looping and controls not responding. Memcard seems fine. I think its same as with dolphin now, using latest is best. Beta feel same stable to me as 0.9.6 exclude save-states - or maybe I just had a luck before. Of course some new beta options are off.