better Configuration?
(07-29-2010, 11:18 AM)naoan Wrote:
(07-29-2010, 10:47 AM)karsten Wrote: i tought there was a "theoretical" expected change...

BTW, what is supposed to work better (faster), higher internal resolution and low AA, or low ir and higher aa?

If only it was that easy, but I'm no pcsx2 developer... let's wait their confirmation here...

As for me, close to monitor resolution + AA works best but only if my GPU can handle it of course. Why don't you test it yourself anyway?

I've been testing for hours and i still can't get a clear idea Tongue also pcsx2 crashes often when putting it to fulllscreen back to windowed mode so intensive tests are a big problem...

BTW is it ok for the internat resolution to be setted square? i.e. 1024x1024?

sorry for the may questions, but i'm quite confused by the many different setups Tongue

also i've never managed to make zerogs run outside the bios part... ingame it's always blackscreen....
dell gaming desktop XPS630i

4core Q9600 @ 2,66ghz
dual nvidia 9800
4 GB of ram

Running slow! T_T

Sponsored links

Use SPU2-X 1.4.0 and GSDX 846 0.1.9 SSSE3. You could get better results using speedhacks like EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing, they might be able to give you at least 60 FPS in speed if the game is responsive to them. I had to try a few different builds of PCSX2 to find what was working best for me, and I found one that was at least 10% faster than the others.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
you mean the lastest plugins aren't the better/fastest?

4core Q9600 @ 2,66ghz
dual nvidia 9800
4 GB of ram

Running slow! T_T
(07-29-2010, 04:58 PM)karsten Wrote: you mean the lastest plugins aren't the better/fastest?

Those are the latest plugins, and they have bug fixes and optimizations which make them a good choice.

Possibly it's just the game, if you try with another one you might get better results, especially if it's a 2D or non-intensive 3D game.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
Silmeria is just that slow to emulate, it need powerful cpu and this apply to everybody else, try other fast rpg like FFX or Persona 3/4, it'll run far better in your system.

I recommend to use plugin that come with public beta, for compatibility reason. Using older version won't make big, if any, difference in capable system and you risk running into bug sooner or later.
i see so i chose a beast for my tests Tongue

can't find a way to get above 40 fps in the city runnning... sometimes it reaches 51-55 then more polys gets in the way Laugh

@dangerous, i saw your topic about FFX, it's impressive! care to try with silmeria too? *hint, hint* Wink

edited for extra infos...

I noticed that lowering the audio quality to nearest i get a boost of 5-8 fps in the city! something to look into!

4core Q9600 @ 2,66ghz
dual nvidia 9800
4 GB of ram

Running slow! T_T
Silmeria is the Valkyrie Profile 2... so no... it's a totally different thing than FFX in what it demands on the machine.
It will struggle with that CPU does not matter the amount of speed hacks attempted, yet the recommendation is EE cycle rate in the central position and VU cycle stealing in the second step. And even so it will lag perceptibly with that second speed hack but should be better than too low raw FPS.

Overclocking could be of some real help but not to the point of doing the game experience equal the console, at least in this stage of development.

Another common mistake is relying too much in the video card power when dealing with emulation... it's different as running native applications and the CPU is called to do more work than would do in this case, so... AA is a no go for that machine/game relation, even scaling the internal resolution puts some toll on the CPU.

In the end tweaking this game to the best possible between raw performance and eye candy will be a personal taste factor... play with the hacks until getting something you deem playable, overclock the CPU or try a less demanding game. That one is really hard to emulate.
Imagination is where we are truly real