better understanding of native resolution and gameplay resolution
so if i want the better looking visuals, i would need to increase the native resolution as well as the gameplay resolution. my monitor/tv is native 1024x768 so i would need to increase the internal and not just the gameplay resolution. if i just up the gameplay resolution it will not look as great as if i increase both the internal native and the output resolution ? do i have a correct understanding

Sponsored links

(05-31-2013, 12:57 AM)skytown Wrote: so if i want the better looking visuals, i would need to increase the native resolution as well as the gameplay resolution. my monitor/tv is native 1024x768 so i would need to increase the internal and not just the gameplay resolution. if i just up the gameplay resolution it will not look as great as if i increase both the internal native and the output resolution ? do i have a correct understanding

Just increase the internal native under the graphics plug-in... 3-4x are pretty much the best anything above that is just extra stress on your graphics card
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
I don't know what you mean by "gameplay" resolution, since the only way to change the actual rendering resolution is with the "internal resolution" setting for the graphics plugin. Also take note that the custom resolution only takes effect in hardware mode, not software mode.
Ok so if I change the internal resolution that's the same resolution that I will be playing at is this correct
That's the resolution the game will render in. For best results, just double click the game's window to make it fullscreen.
U know i prefer using native resolution with my pc plugged in to my tv with my HDMI cable and for games without progressive scan i use 60i (720x480 interlaced) or 50i (720x576 interlaced) but with progressive scan natively supported i use 480p. Dont think im stupid because i like seeing ps2 games rendered natively with interlacing but it feels like more of an authentic experience. you could just use blend bff for deinterlacing but its up to you.
(11-26-2013, 08:50 AM)EmucraZ Wrote: U know i prefer using native resolution with my pc plugged in to my tv with my HDMI cable and for games without progressive scan i use 60i (720x480 interlaced) or 50i (720x576 interlaced) but with progressive scan natively supported i use 480p. Dont think im stupid because i like seeing ps2 games rendered natively with interlacing but it feels like more of an authentic experience. you could just use blend bff for deinterlacing but its up to you.

Some people like the authentic experience. It's not stupid at all.

To me the story and gameplay is what make it authentic, though. So I crank that resolution up to 6x. or 4x in some cases.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD