beyond frustrated FPS issues
I'm currently using PCSX2. Only when I play either Champions of Norrath or Champions Return to Arms do issues arise. Either one of two things will happen. If the GS setting is on anything with "Hardware" attached to it (which it is for all other games) the screens will be cut in half but the FPS is fine. If I switch it to anything with "Software" attached to it the screen is full but the FPS drops so badly (from 60 to 19) that they are pretty much unplayable. These 2 games are pretty much the reason I got a PS2 emulator. I am certain my PC can handle them due to every other game working except these 2 but I will list the stats regardless. Help would be appreciated!

System Info
AMD Phenom II x4 965 OC (3.8GHz)
16GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Windows 7

Sponsored links

You won't get those games to run well
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
hw mode dont work for snowblind engines which what that is there for software mode is need to run it short of messing with the extra rendering threads in gsdx help there probably not much that can be done
(02-11-2015, 02:36 AM)skullknight10 Wrote: These 2 games are pretty much the reason I got a PS2 emulator.

How much have you paid for it? I will just fix that for you:
(02-11-2015, 02:36 AM)skullknight10 Wrote: These 2 games are pretty much the reason I got a PS2 emulator.
(02-11-2015, 02:36 AM)skullknight10 Wrote: I am certain my PC can handle them due to every other game working except these 2 but I will list the stats regardless.
that's probably because, the other games might have been lower demanding compared to the game you are playing right now. Try setting extra rendering threads to 3 in software mode and enable MTVU hack for a little speed increase but, I still think that, your processor might not be powerful enough to handle the specific game.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction