bios in pcsx2
thanks to everybody for kind response.

Sponsored links

(07-09-2009, 10:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: VGS got sued to death by Sony. I guess that answers your question.

Actually Sony bought VGS (Connectix) and discontinued it. If anything, VGS made money.
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
(07-10-2009, 12:30 AM)Scott Wrote:
(07-09-2009, 10:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: VGS got sued to death by Sony. I guess that answers your question.

Actually Sony bought VGS (Connectix) and discontinued it. If anything, VGS made money.

Sony did sue them, but lost the case. They won in the end since they got a court order preventing Connectix from selling VGS, and bought them out for pennies to make the problem go away.
So both of you are right Tongue You in the literal sense, and Bositmon in the philosophical sense.

marche1990 Wrote:lol...
it is possible to make an emu without using the bios (just check out those than doesn't needed, one that could be at the side of this one is Dolphin, AFAIK it doesn't need it) but it is better to use the bios to avoid legal problems

It is possible, but treacherous. You'd have to re-implement everything the BIOS does without studying the actual BIOS, and there's the ever-present risk of Sony not being convinced and sueing the developers.

For the older system (Gameboy, Genesis, NES, etc) it wasn't as large of a problem, but the BIOS of more modern systems is getting to be incredibly intricate.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
It is possible to emulate the bios. This very same team that codes the current PCSX2 emulator did so with PCSX as I remember PCSX emulating the PS1 bios. However PCSX development didn't last long enough for the developers to get in any real trouble with Sony I imagine.
(07-11-2009, 02:19 AM)Dadaluma83 Wrote: It is possible to emulate the bios.

ya it is even done with pcsx2.when u run pcsx2,a massage is shown
"execute bios complete".however the topic was about an emu without
having a bios;it does not require bios.Anyway,we do not want our dear
pcsx2 death.So to avoid court,it requires bios.
I recall genesis emus not needing a bios......but the mega and Saturan emus do
[Image: 589707.png]
(07-11-2009, 12:56 PM)darkwaterforce Wrote: I recall genesis emus not needing a bios......but the mega and Saturan emus do

consoles that didnt have an intro screen, like the gamegear, genesis, master system etc, didnt require a bios file as there was no real bios to emulate, it was literally start running the game code, but later consoles such as saturn, ps2, DS etc all have an intro of sorts and they do a lot of initialization, so the bios file is required to emulate this, Unless you know EXACTLY everything it does, you could technically code it not to need it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

so wouldn't a gba emu not call for a bios?.....but yet i know so many call for one.
[Image: 589707.png]
(07-11-2009, 01:42 PM)darkwaterforce Wrote: so wouldn't a gba emu not call for a bios?.....but yet i know so many call for one.

gba has an intro of sorts, plus emulation of an earlier system, i know the gb did too but that was more on the cartridge than the handheld.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]