black/blank screen help
Question 
Hello there,
I downloaded the pcsx2 emulator yesterday and I have been trying to play from an iso image or dvd source and all I get is a black screen I downloaded and tried alot of plugins and watched alot of videos but still the same problem. Can anybody help me or tell me where is the problem??Excl

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play.
  • Provide an emulog.txt from the Logs folder after trying to run the game.

Thank You.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-26-2013, 02:16 PM)refraction Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play.
  • Provide an emulog.txt from the Logs folder after trying to run the game.

Thank You.

Thank you for your fast reply and here is a document with all the things u asked am sorry I couldnt write them here because am from my mobile it is a dropbox link.
https://db.tt/4U3AopUE
that would probably not help... but you can select a higher version of gsdx-plugin: gsdx-sse4.1 which would improve simulation. Still your system is quite weak and you will get some problems.

As pad-plugin you should probably use lilypad.

is directx up2date?
are all drivers correctly installed/up2date?

Have you tried Full Boot vs Fast Boot, Boot with/without iso/cd?
(10-27-2013, 01:03 AM)willkuer Wrote: that would probably not help... but you can select a higher version of gsdx-plugin: gsdx-sse4.1 which would improve simulation. Still your system is quite weak and you will get some problems.

As pad-plugin you should probably use lilypad.

is directx up2date?
are all drivers correctly installed/up2date?

Have you tried Full Boot vs Fast Boot, Boot with/without iso/cd?

How can I get those plugins u are talkin about ?
And yes I tried full and fast boot and tried iso and cd and same problem appears
(10-27-2013, 02:12 AM)IslamRostom Wrote: How can I get those plugins u are talkin about ?
And yes I tried full and fast boot and tried iso and cd and same problem appears

Your system is pretty weak, but that doesn't explain the black screen. To change plugins do this:

In PCSX2:

Config -> Plugin/BIOS selector

Recommended:

GS: GSdx (choose the SSE41 one)
PAD: LilyPad
SPU2: SPU2-X
CDVD cdvdGigaherz
USB: USBnull
FW: FWnull
DEV9: DEV9null

All those plugins come with PCSX2. Make sure your settings match that and give it another try. Good luck!

Edit: After looking at your log, I'm pretty sure you are using the wrong CDVD plugin. That is most likely your problem, so switch it to what I said above.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-27-2013, 02:27 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Your system is pretty weak, but that doesn't explain the black screen. To change plugins do this:

In PCSX2:

Config -> Plugin/BIOS selector

Recommended:

GS: GSdx (choose the SSE41 one)
PAD: LilyPad
SPU2: SPU2-X
CDVD cdvdGigaherz
USB: USBnull
FW: FWnull
DEV9: DEV9null

All those plugins come with PCSX2. Make sure your settings match that and give it another try. Good luck!

Edit: After looking at your log, I'm pretty sure you are using the wrong CDVD plugin. That is most likely your problem, so switch it to what I said above.

Thank you for your reply but the problem is unsolved still after I changed the settings to what you said above :s
Have you updated directx
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-27-2013, 02:50 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Have you updated directx

I guess not as my specs are weak already for games so I dont do it usually but if this can cause the problem then I could give it a try
Here a link to the updater: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...aspx?id=35
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]