black screen problem pcsx2 through steam link
I've used steam link for a while now to stream ps2 games, problem I'm having is that with my old monitor (21:9 ultrawide monitor) I could stream no problem even with the monitor off but I recently downgraded to a smaller 16:9 monitor and everything works perfectly fine except when I try starting/playing a game with my monitor off.. Audio plays and I can select things ingame but the screen is black, tried using windowed mode and same thing happen (except only the windowed screen is black).

I've tried a few other ps2 games and the same problem happen everytime.. I would blame my new monitor and/or even my steam link except that every other emulator I've tried (epsxe, dolphin, rpcs3) works perfectly fine with the monitor off so im confused as hell where I should be looking for problems.. Was using pcsx2 1.4.0 at first but downloaded 1.5.0 to se if that would help, which it didn't. I also noticed when I tried using steam overlay (to close down the games) in windowed mode I could still hear and use it, but not see it.

So I was thinking if anyone here might have any ideas or  a possible solution to this?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(03-03-2019, 07:33 PM)CK1 Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

PC Spec: i5 6600 non-k 3.3GHz, GTX 1080 8gb, 16gb DDR4 2133Mhz, windows 10 pro
PCSX2 version 1.5.0 dev 2993 (used 1.4.0 standalone first few tries)

Most games I've played work fine in default settings so haven't been changing much of anything other than the GSdx settings. I've tried reverting the GSdx settings to default to no avail.

The games I've tried are Drakengard, God of War 2 and the Hobbit, using ISO files.
Ok, did some more testing and found out that my new monitor have some serious issues with using displayport, because switching to HDMI seem to have fixed the whole issue