[blog] The History of PCSX2
This? Tongue2

Sponsored links

lol that was fun Tongue2 caused so much uproar amongst unobservant people xD
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif?ex=65f40671&is=65e19171...551a681a&=]

Found it on some other forum, in a thread from 2005.
PS2 emulation was THE thing back then, I remember.
If it only was possible to play FFX on the PC, hmm Tongue2
Damn when i see the first and last versions of PCSX2 *compares* i can see the evolution.I fell like im gonna cry.Friggin good work guys! Even my avatar says so x3
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
(11-25-2010, 10:33 PM)refraction Wrote: This small band of coders with a big dream, little documentation and lackluster hardware (at the time, it was good gear!)

Now that I read Refraction's article I remember that feeling I had back in 2001. This may not be the case anymore but at that time running PS2 games such as Devil May Cry in your PC was like an impossible dream. And it has been, indeed, a big challenge; Many lamers would join and post some crap like "drop the emulator", "it doesn't work", "it is illegal", "very slow", "it is just impossible" or any crap like that.

But thanks to their efforts and innovative ideas, the PCSX2 team have made it!
(12-08-2010, 03:39 AM)spawn4 Wrote: Many lamers would join and post some crap like "drop the emulator", "it doesn't work", "it is illegal", "very slow", "it is just impossible" or any crap like that.

This pretty much still happens, but instead of "it is illegal" we get "what's the purpose of the emulator if not piracy?" now Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(12-08-2010, 03:57 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: This pretty much still happens, but instead of "it is illegal" we get "what's the purpose of the emulator if not piracy?" now Tongue2

So true its funny. You wonder how serious these people are when they post silly things?
here is what i remember
first demo run pcsx2 is 3three stars
and loading screen was motal kombat deadly alliance

Just came up to my mind: Absolute0 + his work on gstaris

Afaik he also worked close with the pcsx2 devs when linuzapps was still around.
well, feel free to modify it with your information Smile
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif?ex=65f40671&is=65e19171...551a681a&=]