[blog] The History of PCSX2
my trademark? explain ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Still kind of the wrong thread, but ... Tongue2
I think what he means is that he associates the BIOS background with pcsx2. There is nothing weird about that screen btw, that's how the PS2 BIOS configuration screen looks like, just press square again and set the correct time and date.

Or could be the battery died if the settings won't save. Think you can get replacements for that fairly cheap, though.
So heart touching guys...many hour,days,months you have spent to make this emulator moving forward,,, No give up even devs come and go... I wanna cry :'(... You are GOD of emulating... Salute from me... Smile
Don't forget the nights spent dreaming the dreamlike solutions for current issues, when just not passing the whole night awake on the problem.

Yeah, PCSX2 has a greater chapter in the emulation's history and a lot of stories to tell Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
Sleepless nights trying to work out what is wrong and how to fix it? Yeah... I've had a few of those Tongue2

By version 0.5, pcsx2 first reach menu in FFX. Truly magnificient moment at that time. Then FFX reach ingame in version 0.7 where need to load save game for that. I remember the skull graphic shows Tidus struggling running around on my Pentium 3 Smile
Visit My Blog: https://cyclonmaster.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel
I nearly cried when reading the history of pcsx2 for almost 8 years.

One of the most hardest thing of the emulator is the development of the emulator.

Its been a plenty of years watching plenty emulators developed. starting from gba emu,ps1. it was back in 2004 while ps 2 still booming and i was 7 b4. my father wont allow me to buy ps 2 and i was desperating to having ps 2 at that time. The game i played only ps 1 and pc pentium 3.
A few years later pass i started to use thing that called "internet". In my thought while surfing , "I want to play ps 1 on my pc but how do i do that?". The answer is still unkown until i met my friend and she uses gba emu. first i dont realize it was an emu until my brother give a sample of it. After a few times trying i tried to surf google again. this time i find epsxe.
Yeah it was a PS 1 emu at that that time that work well. Later i found jpcsp the psp emu that have a same game as gba but enchanced quality but the jpcsp have a problem with game compability. Then come to think of epsxe, there should be ps 2 emu. i found pcsxe somewhere 4/5 years ago. The compabilty also same as jpcsp and its nearly cracked my pc when i played GoW on it.

Later on 2012 my friend give me the stable build of pcsx2 with all configure on it. so i check the pcsx2.net and the development is still too slow. while at that time i found psp emulator development have boosted performance and quality well. And i still got low fps on pcsx2.
in 2013 i started to know well about the emu but first i started my prior on pcsx2 configure. and i got 60 fps with a good quality. yet it wasnt perfect enough since theres still plenty of svn developed and the stable build still on 1.0.0 and 1.1.0.
Yeah the ps 1 revolution was about 3 years and ps 2 was about 8 or 6 years. while gba,psp and ps 3 wasnt good enough to ps2.
---
Sorry bad english . might confuse you.
It was an absolutely beautiful read. I was extremely impressed with the Emulator, being able to run games with multiple times the resolution and AA/AF, it brought me a HD experience of nostalgic titles otherwise impossible to obtain. To all the developers who put their effort into making this beautiful software, I salute you guys.
(08-25-2013, 02:39 AM)Xaelath Wrote: One of the most hardest thing of the emulator is the development of the emulator.
Bump-quoted for truth and justice.
(05-14-2014, 08:28 PM)AnotherLife Wrote: Bump-quoted for truth and justice.

quoted for blatantness of it ;p

I could say "The hardest thing about breathing is breathing", the statement has just as much value to it.