[blog] The return of the Commandline!
IT was win7's notepad that let me save it that way, it was the 1st unicode type option.

Says:
Ansi
Unicode
Unicode big edian
UTF-8

I knew I needed some sort of unicode format, so I picked the 1st option.
I should of kept the original notepad open just in case, or I should of just let pcsx2 import the iso's that had the unicode naming so I could see what it used :\.

Ohwell.
It wasn't to big of a deal to get it setup again.
Just the generic options and the bios location (custom location for the bios'es so I don't have to re-copy them for new builds).

Other then that the only thing that changed was the controller config, I lost the right side's vibration setting for some reason, probably due to my previous instability.

ASUS CH4, 1090t @ 4ghz, 2x1gb @ 2ghz, GT240
2x1tb Modded WD Green RAID0, Optiarc 7241S
Modded Enermax 350w

Win7 Ent x86 VLM / Win2K3 Svr Ent SP2-R2 x86 VLM

Sponsored links

(08-03-2010, 05:02 AM)NEOAethyr Wrote: IT was win7's notepad that let me save it that way, it was the 1st unicode type option.

Says:
Ansi
Unicode
Unicode big edian
UTF-8

Haha, that's funny, and pretty clear proof that Microsoft throws interns at things like Notepad. Rolleyes

It really should say "UTF-16" instead of Unicode; and including it at all is silly. The evidence of that is the fact it needs to be saved as Big and Little endian depending on your platform. UTF-8 has no endian issues. The unicode website itself preaches using UTF-8 whenever possible for disk formats. Only completely internal-to-the-app data files should use UTF-16 -- ie stuff no user would touch and that would never be transferred to another machine.

The only other thing I can imagine is that some of the Microsoft devs actually use Notepad for modifying some of Windows' internal data files. Some of them may use UTF-16 since Windows uses UTF-16 internally -- though the idea of qualified devs using Notepad for much of anything important disturbs me. Mellow
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Offtopic:
Lol, yeah you wouldn't be using notepad for binary data lol...

I wonder what the heck they are thinking sometimes.

ASUS CH4, 1090t @ 4ghz, 2x1gb @ 2ghz, GT240
2x1tb Modded WD Green RAID0, Optiarc 7241S
Modded Enermax 350w

Win7 Ent x86 VLM / Win2K3 Svr Ent SP2-R2 x86 VLM