[blog] The return of the Commandline!
After its absence for many moons, the Commandline functionality will finally be restored to PCSX2. Third-party frontend and config-manager authors rejoice! ... and hopefully stop hating my guts, too.

To paraphrase Darth Vader: "Witness the power of this fully armed and operational Command line-driven battlestation."

(we all know a command line-driven death star would have been way cooler than some click-and-drag crap.)

The new PCSX2 command line should be functional in our next beta release, which should be out pretty soon, and it will work as follows:

Syntax: pcsx2 [IsoFile] --toggle --option=value ... etc
  • IsoFile - optional ISO image to load and run on startup; uses the PCSX2 internal ISO loader.

General Options :
  • --cfg=[file] {specify a custom configuration file to use instead of PCSX2.ini (does not affect plugins)}
  • --cfgpath=[dir] {specifies the config folder; applies to pcsx2 + plugins}
  • --help {display this help text}
  • --forcewiz {forces running of the First-time Wizard (selection of docs folders and what-not)}

Auto-Run Options :
  • --elf=[file] {executes an ELF image}
  • --nogui {disables display of the gui on exit (program auto-exits)}
  • --nodisc {boots with an empty dvd tray; use this to boot into the PS2 system menu}
  • --usecd {uses the configured CDVD plugin instead of IsoFile}

Compatibility Options:
  • --nohacks {disables all speedhacks}
  • --gamefixes=[fix,fix] {Enable specific gamefixes for this session. Valid fixes in 0.9.7 are: VuAddSub, VuClipFlag, FpuCompare, FpuNegDiv, XGKick, IpuWait, EETiming, SkipMpeg }
  • --fullboot {disables the quick boot feature, forcing you to sit through the PS2 startup splash screens}

Plugin Overrides (specified dlls will be used in place of configured dlls):
  • --cdvd=[dllpath] {override for the CDVD plugin}
  • --gs=[dllpath] {override for the GS plugin}
  • --spu=[dllpath] {override for the SPU2 plugin}
  • --pad=[dllpath] {override for the PAD plugin only}
  • --dev9=[dllpath] {override for the DEV9 plugin}
  • --usb=[dllpath] {override for the USB plugin only}
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

CLI all the way!! gz
WHOA! That's REALLY GREAT news!!
No more wrapper thingies! You are the best!

Thank you very, very much!!
Thank you! Is it already available on the latest svn?
Athlon II x2 245 (@3.6Ghz), 6gb DDR3 1333, GeForce GTS250 2gb Ram, Linux Mint 12 32bit.
Nope. It is still a work in progress. A couple command line options are partially implemented, but it's not stable yet.
That would be great dude.
I'd like to see this.

I would prefer to have my games listed in my (quicklauch) menu.
Like my arcade games are and stuff.

The current built in iso list is to small, I find myself browsing for the iso offen when switching games because my list is full.

If I could have the cmd line option, have the settings on a per game basis I could use more speedhacks instead of having it config'ed for general usage.
That would be nice too.

But being able to load the iso's with the cmdline would be a great thing in it's self regardless of the settings.

ASUS CH4, 1090t @ 4ghz, 2x1gb @ 2ghz, GT240
2x1tb Modded WD Green RAID0, Optiarc 7241S
Modded Enermax 350w

Win7 Ent x86 VLM / Win2K3 Svr Ent SP2-R2 x86 VLM
(07-30-2010, 10:43 PM)NEOAethyr Wrote: The current built in iso list is to small, I find myself browsing for the iso offen when switching games because my list is full.

You can change the number of ISOs in the list if you want with the "RecentIsoCount=" line in the pcsx2.ini file.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Yeah thanks for the tip Smile, I'll have to check it out later on Smile.

Modded Enermax 350w

I was trying it out, adding iso's and sorting through them manually in the ini file.

I have like 27 of them on my drive at the moment, I was adding all of them to the iso list using the tweak you posted.

I have 5 iso's in unicode name format, so I couldn't save the ini file as normal ansi.

I picked unicode.
I then closed the ini file (shouldn't have...), and opened pcsx2 to check my list to see if would boot the unicoded named iso's.
To my dismay pcsx2 had redid the ini and left an "M" in the file, that's all that was in there.
I lost my config :\.

Apperently when you add them through the gui the ini is saved as a utf-8 format, not unicode.
I kinda wish I would of known that.

It kinda sucks but it's not that hard to configure anyways.
Besides I didn't lose my other ini files so I don't have to worry about the controller setup or anything.

I'll have to try again later on lol.

Modded Enermax 350w

(08-02-2010, 10:40 AM)NEOAethyr Wrote: Apperently when you add them through the gui the ini is saved as a utf-8 format, not unicode.
I kinda wish I would of known that.

All disk-saved file formats period... ever... are UTF-8. The fact any program allows you to save something other than UTF-8 is absolutely stunning to me. Furthermore "Unicode" is ambiguous. There is no defined binary format of "Unicode." Unicode is either stored as:

UTF-8
UTF-16
UTF-32

There may also be a UTF-24, but I can't fathom how or why anyone would use it. So if it does exist, its a waste of brain matter and should rightly be ignored.

If you say 'Unicode' in Windows, it usually means UTF-16, since Windows uses UTF-16 internally. If you say 'Unicode' in Linux it usually means UTF-8, since that's what Linux uses internally. But in either OS, when Unicode is saved to disk, it should always default to using UTF-8. That's the expectation and the rule if you want your text files to be readable by most other apps. Any program that saves a file using UTF-16 or UTF-32 is basically very poorly coded, and its files would be unreadable by most other apps on the market today.