[blog] omg it's r2000
is there a new "method" in works with the emulator that will help improve the Compatibility for "hard to emulate" games like Fatal Frame 2/3 etc...
that from what I heard have a lot of problems?
I'm not "whining" or something,I actually have a lot of patience with emulation progress,and I'm not looking for specific game to be fixed "right now".

Sponsored links

How did you get that idea? No, not really. Main programming focus these days is on the new GUI.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ok,thx for the answer.
(11-29-2009, 06:13 PM)Bositman Wrote: Nowhere. You must compile it yourself (although now we are at r2273).

How do I do it can u tell plz tanx very much
[Image: Banner_FFXIII_2.jpg]
(11-30-2009, 09:35 AM)che Wrote: How do I do it can u tell plz tanx very much

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-11179.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
hi Bositman.
i know you guys are working on the new GUI for the 0.9.7 (it is great by the way. i like new feature which auto detect ntsc or pal fps limit, thou it is not working yet)
, but i am wondering, is there a hope to see some noticeable speed improvements compared to 1888 build?
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
The way I understand it, there won't be a 0.9.7. Or to be more correct, the SVN builds are 0.9.7. The next version released to the public will be version 0.9.8 as per http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-10148.html

There is a lot of work going on with the emulator besides the new GUI. One of the more recent things being worked on is the rewriting of the MTGS (dual core support) option. Besides fixing V-sync issues with slowdowns... it's also supposed to give a bit of a boost to speed. There have been quite a few other little optimizations and compatibility improvements...

If you want to see a list of all the changes, I suggest taking a look at the googlecode page http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=1888

Just keep pressing the button for the next revision change. There is almost 400 changes made since 1888... quite a few GUI related, but a lot related to the core emulation.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(12-02-2009, 08:52 PM)Koji Wrote: The way I understand it, there won't be a 0.9.7. Or to be more correct, the SVN builds are 0.9.7. The next version released to the public will be version 0.9.8 as per http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-10148.html

Ah, not quite that. There will be 0.9.7 releases to the public, in the same capacity as the post-0.9.6 SVN betas. The next stable release equivalent to 0.9.6 will be 0.9.8 though. After we launch 0.9.8, we'll start packing 0.9.9 SVNs as betas.

(and yes we will start packing 0.9.7 betas for the public very soon -- basically all I have left to do before it's beta ready is the framelimiter/frameskipper, a few plugin API tasks, and fixing some known bugs in SPU2-X).

Speed wise, it's still a toss-up. There are some definite wins, but there's also a not of new features that add minor amounts of overhead. To be sure, 0.9.7 shouldn't be any slower. But it might not be a whole lot faster either. Some of the speed changes are specific: The new MTGS helps software rendering quite a lot, and is some benefit also to people with low-end GPUs -- but offers no benefit to HW rendering on machines with high-end GPUs, for example.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
btw,is there some known games that in the last builds now in "playble" status ?
there was a lot of new builds,I didn't check new build for about month,
,I can't believe that after all the new builds nothing has been improved/fixed.

thx
(12-02-2009, 09:10 PM)Air Wrote:
(12-02-2009, 08:52 PM)Koji Wrote: The way I understand it, there won't be a 0.9.7. Or to be more correct, the SVN builds are 0.9.7. The next version released to the public will be version 0.9.8 as per http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-10148.html

Ah, not quite that. There will be 0.9.7 releases to the public, in the same capacity as the post-0.9.6 SVN betas. The next stable release equivalent to 0.9.6 will be 0.9.8 though. After we launch 0.9.8, we'll start packing 0.9.9 SVNs as betas.

(and yes we will start packing 0.9.7 betas for the public very soon -- basically all I have left to do before it's beta ready is the framelimiter/frameskipper, a few plugin API tasks, and fixing some known bugs in SPU2-X).

Speed wise, it's still a toss-up. There are some definite wins, but there's also a not of new features that add minor amounts of overhead. To be sure, 0.9.7 shouldn't be any slower. But it might not be a whole lot faster either. Some of the speed changes are specific: The new MTGS helps software rendering quite a lot, and is some benefit also to people with low-end GPUs -- but offers no benefit to HW rendering on machines with high-end GPUs, for example.

there isnt any chance to get back the vu-frame skipping isnt it?
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]