[bug] FFXII Zodiac System International version, tutorial freezes
First of all, Hi! I hope this is the correct place to put this.  Happy

I've been trying to emulate the Zodiac System Version of FFXII and it freezes everytime i use "cure"or "air cutter remora" uses "remora strike" (it's like 5 minutes into the game)
I've also tried de US version and i find the same issue, even tried PAL with no avail.

The game freezes but the music keeps playing, if I try switching software/hardware mode it prompts a black screen, also the report window doesnt show any error or conflict when this happens.

Im not using any type of speedhacks and i've tried changing GDS9 to GDS11 but the issue still persists

My pc is easily cappable of emulating FFXII so i doubt is anything related to performance, the game plays flawlessly  (when it doesnt freezes  Sad )

Maybe someone can shed some light.

cheers

(the attached file shows the moment of freezing)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Moving to support
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Don't use save states for starters.

Give the newest GIT with OpenGL a try and see if that works for you.

Only things that come to mind off the top of my head

Because I have had no problem playing either the USA or the international version of FF12 myself.
(05-01-2016, 03:44 AM)Topken Wrote: Don't use save states for starters.

Give the newest GIT with OpenGL a try and see if that works for you.

Only things that come to mind off the top of my head

Because I have had no problem playing either the USA or the international version of FF12 myself.

Thanks, will try.

I was using savestates to see if my changes made any effect (that way i didnt have to wait all the things that happen before the fight to see if it worked) maybe i shouldn't use them altogether?
(05-01-2016, 02:45 PM)Diamond_Otter Wrote: Thanks, will try.

I was using savestates to see if my changes made any effect (that way i didnt have to wait all the things that happen before the fight to see if it worked) maybe i shouldn't use them altogether?

Save States save the current status of the emulator, so if a freeze was going to happen within that period, it would still happen because it literally loads the state it was last in.

Load from a memory card save, or just start over considering it's the start of the game.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Part of the main reason I don't use save states to begin with and yeah do it from either a new game start or continue from the memory card. Otherwise you are always going to get the freeze and as I said before I had 0 problem getting past the opening tutorial area in this version of the game using the english patch.